We want "Mado kara mieru" as the main theme in Civ5!

benjamin28

Warlord
I have recently finished with "Calling all dawns" and began to be very worried about music in Civ5. Does someone remember how often did you turned off the music in Civ3? I'm starting to think nothing will be able to beat Baba yetu, unles...
My opinion: "Mado kara mieru" should be the main theme in Civ5. And the medieval music should be overhauled so we don't turn into depression as happened every time I was trying to destroy Byzantium or Charlemagne.
What do you think?

My opinion: "Mado kara mieru" should be the main theme in Civ5. And the medieval music should be overhauled so we don't turn into depression as happened every time I was trying to destroy Byzantium or Charlemagne.
What do you think?

Second on the "Mado Kara Mieru" idea.

LOL about the medieval music, don't know that I get overwhelmed by depression. I kind of like the gregorian chant.

Medieval music was fine and fitted well, modern music on the other hand was poor in CIV4. Different music for each era when at war and when at peace would be good.

Yeah, beautiful "Mado kara mieru" touched my heart very much. It's filled by Japanese view, though Christopher Tin is American. However I can't consider that "Mado kara mieru" should become game music, especially for world-wide Civilization.
Well, I love music of Christopher Tin. I would be happy, if they use his music on Civ5.

Medieval music was fine and fitted well, modern music on the other hand was poor in CIV4. Different music for each era when at war and when at peace would be good.

I love the modern music. The sad strings as the world either turns into a war-torn hell on earth, with nuclear fallout and slow desertification or an earthly paradise, glorious on earth and pioneering above. Whether it's 'The Road' or 'The Island', the modern music fits.

"Mado kara mieru" sound pretty good and I could imagine it as a nice theme for Civ5. But IMO the more important issue is that they change the modern era music, since it was pretty awful in Civ4.

Does someone remember how often did you turned off the music in Civ3?

Nothing wrong with some of the civ3 tracks. Just depended on what era you were in and which cultural group. The ancient era (and some medieval) ones were fairly good, didn't care for much of the rest so I replaced the ones I didn't like in the latter eras with renamed copies of the better, earlier ones.

Why is it lame? We had an African prayer-chant in Civ4 why not go for something Asian in Civ5?;)

That's right! In Civ4 we had a wonderful music in swahili, an enjoyable track in arabic and a strange pastiche as the third theme. Why not japanese music? It would fit perfectly, since it's epic and impressive too, without losing its delicacy.

Regarding modern music, I like most of the tracks, with the exception of those particullary dissonant, asi it happend with the violin concert. Anyway, I would prefer greater variety of genres.

PS: Whatever Firaxis do, I hope they won't recycle tracks as they did in the Classical Age of Beyond the Sword. The result was pretty disastrous, IMO.

I think Rassemblons-Nous or even Kia Hora Te Marino, which ends with the first few notes of Baba Yetu could be good fits as well. But I definately agree that Civ 5 needs to have some Christopher Tin music.

I love the modern music. The sad strings as the world either turns into a war-torn hell on earth, with nuclear fallout and slow desertification or an earthly paradise, glorious on earth and pioneering above. Whether it's 'The Road' or 'The Island', the modern music fits.

Well, perhaps its a matter of perspective of the modern era. To me the modern era is dynamic; an age of discovery, invention and rapid growth. The musical pieces should be reflective of this rather than what better portrays stagnation and despair.

I doubt we have any say. The song referred to by the OP is alright but I'm sure whatever Firaxis come up with will be just as good if not better.

I doubt we have any say. The song referred to by the OP is alright but I'm sure whatever Firaxis come up with will be just as good if not better.

I was about to make an argument of my own, but this is better then anything I would say.

Well, perhaps its a matter of perspective of the modern era. To me the modern era is dynamic; an age of discovery, invention and rapid growth. The musical pieces should be reflective of this rather than what better portrays stagnation and despair.

Regardless of what you think of the modern era, a lot of twentieth-century Western art and "art" music (i.e. not popular music) focuses on the bad stuff that came out of modernity. Meditating on things like WWI and WWII, despite advances elsewhere. So if we want to represent the modern era by the (Western) music of its time, then it makes sense to have the minimalist, postmodernist sort of pieces. On the other hand, the Ancient era pieces obviously aren't representative of their time.

That violin concerto is definitely nauseating though, not background music so much. I often turn down/off the speakers when it comes. Although, it does characterize the music of the time.

Before ever getting to the modern era in a civ 4 game I always thought it'd be cool to have some sort of angry metal piece in the late modern era while I invade some other country. It would be interesting if they did that sort of thing for civ 5.

Second on the "Mado Kara Mieru" idea.

LOL about the medieval music, don't know that I get overwhelmed by depression. I kind of like the gregorian chant.

Yeah, after medevial I tend to turn of the music as it gets too loud and annoying for me. Love that tranquil dark ages :)

It should be something composed by John Williams. That guy knows epic...

Top Bottom