• Ziggurat

Votes: 26 14.4%

• Total voters

IAM

Emperor
What is the best courthouse replacemnt?

Courthouse (standard to most civs) -50% maintenance 120:hammers: @ Code of Laws

Rathaus (Holy Roman Empire) -75% maintenance 120:hammers: @ Code of Laws

Sacrificial Altar (Aztec) -50% maintenance -50% anger duration from whipping 90:hammers: @ Code of laws

Ziggurat (Sumerian) -50% maintenance 90:hammers: @Priesthood

I'm split on this and wonder what you all think. I like to play as Sumerian so I use the Ziggurat. In the long run Rathaus would likely be better but the Sacrificial Altar has a lot of synergy with Montezumas spiritual trait. Overall I voted for Ziggurat. It comes earliest and you can make a run at the Oracle since you're already teching that way.

The rathaus is the best, because it also reduces corporation costs.

I also like the Rathaus. It reduces maintenance costs a ton, and will never have its bonuses go obsolete. (Ziggurat is cheap and early, but that bonus reduces importance over time. The Sacrificial altar also loses its use when you get later in the game, and you have no need to whip if you can gold whip)

Its hard to beat the Rauthaus, but the Sacrificial alter comes close, because of how much benefit you can squeeze from it with a food economy.

Sac Altar, a huge production booster when yo first get it thats cheaper as a n added bonus. It works incredibly well with Monty's Spiritual trait too and while it does die a little during the Renaisance and early Industrial eras, once you get Bio, Factories, SP/Sushi and Kremlin Slavery comes back with avengance.
Theres something distubingly satisfying about whipping nukes with Monty :lol:

Zigs a pretty good, coming from a tech you can even get from begging if need be and they work well with Vultures. The problems for me is that they still cost the same as Sac Altars, have no long term appeal and if you go Priesthood early theres a good chance you could get Oracle.... still a great UB however.
Rathaus is my number 2 UB after Sac Altar, an excellent UB indeed but I prefer the ability to quickly turn a tech or size advantage into a game winning military position.

I also like the Rathaus. It reduces maintenance costs a ton, and will never have its bonuses go obsolete. (Ziggurat is cheap and early, but that bonus reduces importance over time. The Sacrificial altar also loses its use when you get later in the game, and you have no need to whip if you can gold whip)

One big advantage of the sacrificial altar (in my game play) is capturing multiple cities at size 15+ mid to late game. With Monty it's easy to switch to slavery and whip several buildings that were destroyed in the capture. Without Monty's UB and spiritual trait it is less worthwhile to whip that population down and it gets starved out for nothing.

I voted Rathaus. In my book, it is the best UB there is because the effects are so tangible. Too bad HRE sucks in every other aspect. Sacrificial Altars are great and while their benefit early on can be tremendous, the Rathaus is the bunny that just keeps on going.

I do like the Ziggurat as well but all in all it too lacks the mileage the Rathaus has.

All of the civs with courthouse replacements just generally have poor leaders and other traits, so I voted the regular courthouse is fine. Sac Altar is just mostly worthless and the other two would be a close call if they could be gotten by other civs.

All of the civs with courthouse replacements just generally have poor leaders and other traits, so I voted the regular courthouse is fine. Sac Altar is just mostly worthless and the other two would be a close call if they could be gotten by other civs.

Actually the Sumerian UU carries a good bit of synergy there with a powerful early rush and a means to decrease the down time following that rush.

Yeah but I still personally don't like playing as Sumeria, wish they'd put Poland in the game instead.

Its really close between Rathaus and sac alt but I voted Rathaus. Just because I hardly play monty.

Sac Altar ahead of the Ziggurat.

The main thing that normally prevents me whipping and drafting is the slow removal of the :mad:, not a lack of food. Sac Altar would be overpowered with a killer UU instead of the Jaguar.

Ziggurat means CoL can be ignored, and it's cheaper to build.

My games are normally decided long before reduced maintenance from the Rathaus is a factor.

Top Bottom