PolyCast Focus: "Civilization: World"

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication
Reaching but not grasping. "Focus: 'Civilization: World'" features Lisa "qnl" Bang with "Bibor and Jacob "xienwolf" Turner on their experiences to date with the up-and-coming Civilization: World. All three panelists are part of the game's closed beta test currently ongoing.

The summary of topics is as follows:

- 00m25s | Introduction
An introduction to Civilization: World, a strategy/online multiplayer-hybrid game to bring Civ to the Facebook platform.
- 03m19s | Impressions
Panelists share what their initial impressions were upon learning of the game being in development.
- 08m13s | Design
For better and worse, on the design elements of CivWorld.
- 15m09s | Mechanics
Reviewing a number of the game's mechanics that are still very much a work-in-progress.
- 20m55s | Concept
Considering the concept towards what CivWorld is looking to accomplish, and its effectiveness to date.
- 28m49s | Minigames & Maps
What is, and what is not, present within the title's minigames and on its maps to its benefit and detriment.
- 38m34s | Implementation
Assessing the implementation of CivWorld, including whether the means are looking to justify its ends.
- 45m59s | Miscellaneous
The state of the game's Throne Room, Wonder's of the World and reflecting on the involvement of Sid Meier himself.

PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production in an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on game strategy; sibling show RevCast focuses on Civilization: Revolution, ModCast on Civ modding and TurnCast on Civ multiplay.

Thanks for this. I found this very helpful, in that I am a FB user who's not really interested in gaming on FB, but was wondering if a Civ-related game would be worthwhile. This confirmed a lot of my concerns about such an endeavor .

I really appreciated the frank assessment of the game. And would encourage similar "focus" episodes in the future for other Civ-related topics.

Thanks for this.
You're welcome. I initiated and edited this production, but it was the panelists that brought the content together with Lisa ("qnl") also arranging and leading the discussion.

I really appreciated the frank assessment of the game. And would encourage similar "focus" episodes in the future for other Civ-related topics.

"Focus" specials on PolyCast to date have almost exclusively been discussions with developers or publishers on an upcoming, or recently released, Civ title. With the atypical lack of a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) for an in-development game such as CivWorld, these closed beta participants were legally able to fully discuss their experiences publicly prior -- and before its 'full' release too.

Thank you for lending your vocal (well, OK, typed ;)) support for this "Focus" approach. :) Hopefully it's a matter of if, not when, a similar circumstance will present itself in the future to give similar treatment to another Civ game.

Top Bottom