The news article thread

The_J

Say No 2 Net Validations
Administrator
Supporter
All news article please into this thread, so that we can get an overview :).
I'll update this post if new articles come in.

June, 18th

June, 13th

June, 10th

June, 8th

June, 5th

May, 22-25th

May, 14-15th

May, 10th

PAX

April, 3th

GDC (March, 7-15th)

February, 29th, 2012

February, 16th, 2012
Possible new infos:

Articles without new info:

spoiler for contributors:

a few things i found interesting,
gamespot: "The Celts have the ability to gain additional faith when their cities are settled against a forest, while the Byzantines can purchase a bonus, sixth belief. Some of the original civilization abilities are also being tweaked to accommodate the changes coming in Gods and Kings."
"Later in the game, those religious prejudices will give way to ideology preferences. "
"This expansion is targeted for a late spring release this year in stores or through Steam for $29.99."
Kotaku: "a shift from 10 health points per unit to 100"
"The religion game kinda happens through the first 2/3 of the game and then kinda naturally tapers out," Beach said.
"[spies]you can use them to invade your opponents' cities, steal technology, and even start revolutions."
"The AI is sophisticated (and nasty) enough to plan a betrayal 15 turns in advance."

Any French speakers around? There's this article. No idea what it says. :ack:

They mentioned something about new technologies, here:

Le prolongement d'un jeu épique : l'expérience de jeu de base a été grandement enrichie, avec l'ajout de nouvelles technologies, de 27 unités, de 13 bâtiments et de 9 merveilles.

I don't speak much French, so I could be wrong. :) I'm going to take a peek at the article again some time later.

It seems like we are getting CivIII embassies back, according to the jeuxpo (courtesy of Camikaze) and jeuxvideo.fr articles.

Diplomatie et espionnage plus poussés : établissez des ambassades auprès des cours étrangères pour vous rapprocher ou mener des opérations clandestines. Tandis que les différentes religions du monde s'installent et que la Renaissance se profile à l'horizon, vous débloquerez des espions qui mettront en place une surveillance des villes étrangères, voleront des technologies avancées à vos plus féroces adversaires ou gagneront de l'influence sur les cités-états en trafiquant les élections ou en organisant un coup d'état.

Translation:

More important diplomacy and espionage: Establish embassies in foreign courts to improve relations or lead secret missions. Once the world religions are settled in and the Renaissance approaches, you unlock spies who can watch foreign cities, steal advanced technologies from your fiercest rivals or gain influence over city-states by rigging elections or organizing coups.

EDIT: I just Google Translated it to see the result. "advanced technologies will steal your fiercest opponents". :lmao:

I wonder if that means we'll have limited espionage early on through embassies and then full on espionage later.

I wonder if that means we'll have limited espionage early on through embassies and then full on espionage later.

Wouldn't be surprised and I kind of like the idea of leaving the early game less changed while layering complexity later on.

I'm starting to see a pattern here. Whilst most previous Civ entries rely on static features, Civ5 seems to be trying something completely different in terms of changing things up as the game progresses to model concepts around key advances changing the world.

We have the religion / ideology inflection on diplomacy and now espionage.

Top Bottom