PolyCast Episode 170: "Never a Bad Diversion"

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication
But not necessarily a good influence. The one-hundred-and-seventieth episode of PolyCast, "Never a Bad Diversion", features regular co-hosts "Makahlua", Philip "TheMeInTeam" Bellew and "MadDjinn" with returning guest co-hosts Scott "AlphaShard" Dirk and Troy Goodfellow with a runtime of 59m59s. The summary of topics is as follows:

- 01m33s | News
An overview of the upcoming Civilization V expansion Brave New World as disclosed during the PAX East 2013 convention.
- 25m10s | Miscellaneous
What led to a certain civilization to not to be included in the game and what the reaction to that decision has been.
- 30m22s | Open Mic
Responding to a letter sent by electronic mail by a listener who "always seem to be king maker, instead of king".
- 39m27s | Forum Talk
Considering what it's like and how to respond to a sub-optimal starting position and how to expand wide in CivV.

- Intro/Outro | Miscellaneous
Why to expect a disaster, and musing about one unit's legitimacy and another's speculation in the up-and-coming BNW expansion for Civilization V.

Recording live before a listening audience every other Saturday, PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production in an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on game strategy; listeners are encouraged to follow the show on Twitter, and check out the YouTube channel for caption capability. Sibling show RevCast focuses on Civilization: Revolution, ModCast on Civ modding, SCivCast on Civ social gaming and TurnCast on Civ multiplay.

The MeinTeam is in the podcast. Odd, I thought he hated Civ V? Maybe he came in because he has hope for the new expansion?

The MeinTeam is in the podcast. Odd, I thought he hated Civ V? Maybe he came in because he has hope for the new expansion?

I can't remember a single PolyCast without TheMelnTeam, regardless of whether it was focused on Civ 5 or 4. Hope he gets back to let's plays soon, I miss his AI trolling.;)

He doesn't hate CivV as much as it is that he grew frustrated with it. With Brave New World, hopefully he will pick it up... along with Gods & Kings that has preceded it.

I can't remember a single PolyCast without TheMelnTeam, regardless of whether it was focused on Civ 5 or 4. Hope he gets back to let's plays soon, I miss his AI trolling.;)
TMIT hasn't missed an episode of PolyCast this season, but he did miss one last season (#155). He became a regular co-host midway through Season 3.

Top Bottom