[SPOILER] All Starships Unlockables for Beyond Earth

Ryika

Lazy Wannabe Artista
I'll hide the actual picture behind a spoiler-tag, just in case someone who doesn't want to get spoilered "accidentially" enters this thread. I will NOT put the discussion behind the spoiler tag, so if you don't want to know about the bonuses, stop reading NOW!

So here are the Unlockables:

Spoiler :

And as it has been pointed out correctly I missed the 2 map-scripts:
Two maps - Inland_Sea and Tiny_Islands

(The MapScripts table uses a different column name and the actual data is loaded from the Lua files)

Some nice bonuses actually. Pioneers may even Rival Artists in some strategies. Supply Module sounds awesome, but I don't think it can rival Tectonic Scanner. Cryotome sounds insane. But it has to rival with free Pioneering and a free Worker already, so it may be a hard pick from a perspective of "efficiency". I like the idea of being able to sometimes have a settler on turn 4-5 if combined with Supply Module, Artists and Africa. :lol:

Xeno Management sounds awesome and fun, but in practice I found it really weak. The 1 movement is just to slow to get that unit anywhere. It may be a fun way to kill siege worms at a stage where you don't have tier 2 rangers yet, but that sounds like too little utility compared to worker/pioneering.

Now, while I like these bonuses as basically "free content" for owning Starships, I find it a bit ... problematic that they actually included tactical options as part of the cross-promotion. And while they're easy to unlock even if you don't own starships I would have preferred cosmetic bonuses instead, and these bonuses added in a later patch.

Your thoughts?

- edit -

How to unlock by editing files:

(When editing files always create backups first so you can easily repair your installation. If you forgot to create a backup, rightclick the game in your steam library, click on properties -> local files -> verify integrity of game cache to let steam fix the issues itself. This will however revert ALL changes you may have done to other game files, so again - it's better to create backup-files so you can fix manually.)

Windows:
In 'Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth\assets\Gameplay\XML\Civilizations' you'll find:

CivBECargo.xml
CivBEColonists.xml
CivBESpacecraft.xml

They can be opened with a text editor. The new bonuses will look something like this:

<Row Type="CARGO_ULTRASONIC_EMITTER"
Description="TXT_KEY_CARGO_ULTRASONIC_EMITTER"
ShortDescription="TXT_KEY_CARGO_ULTRASONIC_EMITTER_SHORT"
GrantUnit="UNIT_ULTRASONIC_EMITTER"
IconAtlas="LOADOUT_ATLAS"
PortraitIndex="22"
FiraxisLiveUnlockKey="UltrasonicEmitterUnlocked"/>
Just remove the marked part that contains the unlock-code (but make sure to keep the /> in the end), save the files, restart the game and they'll all be available to you.

To unlock the 2 map scripts you need to go to Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth\assets\Maps\ and once again open both files (Inland_Sea.lua and Tiny_Islands.lua) with a text editor, search for "FiraxisLiveKey" and delete the line. Save, start the game and the maps should show up.

Mac:
Yes, go to this folder (hit Shift-Cmd-G in Finder and paste the following folder path):
~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth/Civilization Beyond Earth.app/Contents/GameData/Assets/Gameplay/XML/

Edit CivBECargo.xml;CivBEColonists.xml;CivBESpacecraft.xml in sub-folder Civilizations
Edit CivBEUnits.xml in sub-folder Units
+
Here is the process to unlock the maps on Mac.

Go to ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth/Civilization Beyond Earth.app/Contents/GameData/Assets/Maps/

In Inland_Sea.lua remove FiraxisLiveKey = "InlandSeaUnlocked", (comma included)
In Tiny_Islands.lua remove FiraxisLiveKey = "TinyIslandsUnlocked",

Attachments

• Starship-Bonuses.jpg
    Starship-Bonuses.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 23,584
(Or at least all that have an Unlock-Code, can't say 100% that I didn't miss anything - but these seem to be all of them.)

Two maps - Inland_Sea and Tiny_Islands

(The MapScripts table uses a different column name and the actual data is loaded from the Lua files)

So what are the ethical considerations of releasing the unlocks as a mod? I'm still on the fence of releasing my copy at least.

I do not think it is ethical since you would be giving people something for free that they would normally only get by paying for. It could be seen as depriving Firaxis/2K of income.

Firaxis can't be that concerned about it, otherwise they would have made it significantly harder than writing a trival mod consisting of 5 SQL statements, or simply editing 4 XML and 1 Lua core files on your hard-disk

Hi, Im just puzzeld. Are they lockd, any info when opend? Anybody know anything about when we get our bonus stuff for CivBE? o.0

Make sure you're logged into you my2k account for both games, and you will unlock stuff as you play Starships. I unlocked some stuff just by playing (like killing the Marauder or Pirate home planet, beating the game, etc). You'll get a pop-up letting you know you unlocked something.

Or, alternatively, lilgamefreek's put a mod up in the mods section which unlocks the BE content for you.

Aah ok. I playd trough 2 games and all I got was Tiny Islands so I guessd it was some other way. Thanks I will give Marauder/Pirate planets ago ^^

So not like I care at this point but in order to get all CivBE seeding options you'd have to buy a completely different game ? Or mod it I guess but that doesn't work for MP or community games (well I guess there aren't many of those now).

Well, or edit the game files.

In 'Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth\assets\Gameplay\XML\Civilizations' you'll find:

CivBECargo.xml
CivBEColonists.xml
CivBESpacecraft.xml

They can be opened with a text editor. The new bonuses will look something like this:

<Row Type="CARGO_ULTRASONIC_EMITTER"
Description="TXT_KEY_CARGO_ULTRASONIC_EMITTER"
ShortDescription="TXT_KEY_CARGO_ULTRASONIC_EMITTER_SHORT"
GrantUnit="UNIT_ULTRASONIC_EMITTER"
IconAtlas="LOADOUT_ATLAS"
PortraitIndex="22"
FiraxisLiveUnlockKey="UltrasonicEmitterUnlocked"/>
Just remove the marked part that contains the unlock-code (but make sure to keep the /> in the end), save the files, restart the game and they'll all be available to you.

Is it just me or are these new seeding options more interesting than the ones we got with the game at release? I guess it took months, 2 patches and a spinoff game for BE to finally get cool seeding options. As they say, better late than never.

We don't get them yet, that's for sure. I doubt they'll remain exclusive forever.

I would bet that they will be unlocked for everybody at some point. In fact, I wonder if this is a taste of the "2.0" version that the devs talked about coming in a few months. These seeding options definitely seem to have a more unique flavor to them that the very vanilla options we got at release.

Top Bottom