1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

“1000 AD” Scenario PBEM Game

Discussion in 'Civ4 - PBEM Games' started by Karhu, Nov 18, 2006.

1. Karhu

Karhu Devil's Advocate

Imperial_Tea_House_AD-1655_to_Ruff_hi

2. Trainwreck20

Trainwreck20 King

Can I interrupt with a question for y'all? I just played with this scenario the other day and noticed that each civ has a different default difficulty rating. I see you are apparently playing with those ratings in effect. How is it going? It looks like you started with seven players - is that working well? I really like the pseudo-historical start and may start one up eventually....do y'all have a game blog in the forum?

3. 1889

1889 Mayor of H-Marker Lake

Hi Trainwreck, the difficulty level only affects AI civs so it has not been much of a factor. Considering the very different starting positions of the civs it thought it was going to be a very unballanced game, but has turned out to be pretty close. Personally I'd say it turns out to make a good multiplayer game after all...as long as you’re not the Incas.

We are down to 5 players now and this is nearly the fastest PBEM I've ever played. Kudos to Karhu, Ruff, Chopstyx, Portuga.

4. Trainwreck20

Trainwreck20 King

Doesn't difficulty level affect happiness and research time for the human players? I thought that there is a +:) for each city based on difficulty level, and maybe even a +:yuck:. Anyway, if it is working out, that is kind of the question, and it sounds like it is....it has been going for almost a year :eek: .

Just out of curiosity, did you lose players to disinterest or what?

5. 1889

Oh ya, just testing you.

Lets see I'm India and its emperor dificulty for me (+3 happy and +1 health). What's every one else got?

As for your other question we lost one due to illness and it was a real shame to see him go, but the other guy was so lame we kicked him out, twice.

1660 to Karhu.

6. Karhu

Karhu Devil's Advocate

Imperial_Tea_House_AD-1660_to_Ruff_hi

7. Karhu

Karhu Devil's Advocate

Hi Trainwreck,
    Thanks for your interest in our game.

I have also been surprised by the 'closeness' of the game. One thing about an odd start like this though, everyone knew they where going to possibly get stuck with a raw deal, so we've got a pretty good crew here and all are interested in something different from your run-of-the-mill game.

For myself; this is the only PBEM i have going right now and i've enjoyed every turn immensely. The end of this one is quite aways out, but i'm looking forward to starting another large multiplayer scenario/themed game.

8. Trainwreck20

Trainwreck20 King

China, France, Arabia, India, and England. Russia and Japan departed. The year is 1660...is anyone sailing the Atlantic (or Pacific) yet? The timing would be about right. What turn number are you on? Any fun ahistorical results, or has it stayed fairly predictable? Y'all need a game log since you have made it so far :D.

Eclipse is looking at starting the Charlamagne scenario, so I was curious to how your scenario was going, so pardon all the nosiness :rolleyes:.

9. ruff_hi

ruff_hi Live 4ever! Or die trying

Its going great. We are in the galleon, frigate phase and most of us just got cannons. France (me :D) has over-run Spain, Germany, Sweden while China is in the process of over-running Japan. China got the +1 boat movement bonus ... I was too busy trying to find Australia ... but honestly, I thought it had already gone.

BTW - I am out of pocket until Thursday night. I just sent on my turn this morning so hopefully, I will not hold anyone up.

10. Karhu

Karhu Devil's Advocate

A game long would indeed be fun, but since this is competitive...... :nono:

I'm looking forward to the conversation when things are done and the world won. :beer:

11. 1889

1665 to Karhu.

12. Karhu

Karhu Devil's Advocate

Imperial_Tea_House_AD-1665_to_Ruff_hi

13. ruff_hi

hey everyone - apologies for the spam emails that I have been sending. I had a bug in my emailer. I think I have fixed it now.

14. portuga

portuga King

I sent Imperial_Tea_House_AD-1665_to_1889.Civ4SavedGame a few days ago. Did it reach you?

15. 1889

Nope, not yet.

16. ruff_hi

where is the game at?

17. 1889

With Portuga maybe, I've emailed him.

18. Karhu

Karhu Devil's Advocate

I'll be away nov 21th through 25th, though I should have intermittent internet access during that time.

19. Karhu

Karhu Devil's Advocate

Imperial_Tea_House_AD-1670_to_Ruff_hi

20. 1889

1675 to Karhu