“1000 AD” Scenario PBEM Game

Sorry, was out all day yesterday.

Imperial_Tea_House_AD-1902_to_Ruff_hi

Edit: Do the waves of French troops NEVER END! I'm pretty sure the gates of hell have opened up and are spawning French soldiers.

You obviously aren't checking the power graphs. When this battle first started, chopstyx said to me that he didn't expect I would survive to 1900. I laughed and said that China would be lucky to survive - France certainty would survive - and we have, just.

So i looked over the pirates thingy. Interesting, but three games at once would be too much for me to handle. Although, I would be up for a team game (vs AI or human), as this would give me an opportunity to learn quite a bit.

Other games I would be interested in include:
- the Chinese Unification Scenario (all human)
- one-city challenge
- the MTDG
- 3v3
- 3vAI

The "gates of hell" are a turned based event. They open up, French troops poor into no man's land, are grind up by Indian and Chinese troops. (thank the gods for a technological edge! and the occasional nuke...) Then the process repeats its self the next round.

You'd have won both the Atlantic Sea War and probably wiped out our Siberian holdings if not for the nuking.

As for France surviving to 1900... As I recall (though I'd have to look through old emails to confirm) I knew whipping you out completely would be difficult, but I did figure we could pretty much have your European and Scandinavian holdings by this point. Didn't quit work out that way....

As for France surviving to 1900... As I recall (though I'd have to look through old emails to confirm) I knew whipping you out completely would be difficult, but I did figure we could pretty much have your European and Scandinavian holdings by this point. Didn't quit work out that way....
Well - maybe closer than you think - I don't actually have any Scandinavian or mainland European holdings at the moment.

So i looked over the pirates thingy. Interesting, but three games at once would be too much for me to handle. Although, I would be up for a team game (vs AI or human), as this would give me an opportunity to learn quite a bit.

Other games I would be interested in include:
- the Chinese Unification Scenario (all human)
- one-city challenge
- the MTDG
- 3v3
- 3vAI
I'd be up for 3vAI in an always war job. We could use my modified battleground mapscript with LvR with land bridge - that will give us breathing room plus an avenue to the AIs via land.

Well - maybe closer than you think - I don't actually have any Scandinavian or mainland European holdings at the moment.
Yeah, but I didn't think they'd have to be nuked to oblivion for that to happen. ;)

I still think that if you had built tanks and gunships instead of nukes you would have rolled over me. It probably would have been a bigger struggle but the war would have been mammoth. If we were playing warlords or later, think of all the GGs we would have generated!

we wouldn't be able to feed them all! (the GGs that is)

I don't know. Tanks and Gunships require upkeep, travel time, maintenance (healing). With the nukes we where able to reach deep into your homeland destroying buildings and permanently rendering much of the terrain useless, plus reduces your pop for a possible UN victory. I think that was a fine use of hammers.

Now, admittedly, much less interesting than a grind fest of conventional troops, but it was a natural choice at that stage of the war; Chop had abandoned the alliance, and I actually wondered if a deal hadn't been worked out between the two of you for him to totally switch sides and invade India. This was a fear I had for a long time (up till he quit actually). So, seeing how easily he crumpled and sued for peace with you, I knew that if I had a couple nukes on had to hit him with, he'd do the same a second time.

ok, ok. Time to get some work done and have a pause so that 1889 can chime in on next game suggestions.

What are we doing with this game - playing it out to the final sigh or just letting you two have at it?

Another UN vote this turn. I think we'll be done next turn.

I'm not very interested in another PBEM now. The new MTDG will be up soon and new ISDG's and a demogame are in the work. Thats enough Civ for me right now.

UN vote is over, but the game is not. Lost some AI votes we had last time....

Imperial_Tea_House_AD-1904_to_Ruff_hi

So, are you playing all three demo-games, 1889?

Uhg...1906 to Karhu.

Yes I'm in all three demogames or at least I will be when they restart. The only one still going on has only two turns left.

Imperial_Tea_House_AD-1906_to_Ruff_hi
Yes I'm in all three demogames[...]
Oh boy, that must be quite a workout. I think I'd be up for one demo game (especially hearing how your experience differed from mine), and then another PBEM as well. I admit, though, that all three demo games have aspects that appeal to me.

I have a lot on my plate till after the holidays, but I'm eager to start the PBEM anyway. Ruff, you should tell me it can't be done till after new year so that I stop thinking about it.

I have a lot on my plate till after the holidays, but I'm eager to start the PBEM anyway. Ruff, you should tell me it can't be done till after new year so that I stop thinking about it.
tell you what cannot be done? For me, this game is over ... click, click, click - do you want to start another? Should we come up with a theme and then start a thread?

I wouldn't mind seeing what happens in the ensuing sea war until we finalize the details of the next game. I promise not to use another nuke on your destroyers. Had to before, you just had too many of them and they had to much damn experience.

@1889: I signed up to join you in the MTDG. Make sure to let Ruff and I know if you change your mind about the next PBEM.

@Ruff: yeah, let's pick a theme and start a new thread for another PBEM. I am still favoring a human v. human game, even if it is team based. I just prefer to know another human is moving the pieces on the board and making sneaky calculations. Maybe a 2v2?

Took Novgorod and finished the French stack in Russia.

Early games go so slow, I'd be more into a scenario or maybe an advanced start. Always wanted to play Chinese Unification. But Karhu, it can't be done until the new year because I'll be gone most of December.

I wouldn't mind seeing what happens in the ensuing sea war until we finalize the details of the next game. I promise not to use another nuke on your destroyers. Had to before, you just had too many of them and they had to much damn experience.
oh - is that what happened to my super destroyer stack.

@Ruff: yeah, let's pick a theme and start a new thread for another PBEM. I am still favoring a human v. human game, even if it is team based. I just prefer to know another human is moving the pieces on the board and making sneaky calculations. Maybe a 2v2?
Human v Human is good but it makes running a team much harder - where does the inter-team discussion take place. I would be happy with either.

Top Bottom