«» (Shchuka class, alias ShCh or SC, russian ww2 sub)

The_Coyote

Emperor
like i said, i try to give some nation unique subs for the WW2. Here is russian one. The Shchuka class (to be exact: Shchuka class - X-series):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shchuka_class_submarine

the model has 1274 vertices, 1224 triangles, a 256 texture and uses the SC (changed submarine) animation, separate download (see post 12)

scale for picture was: 0.5

Ciao
The_Coyote

Edit: new nif (brighter) with new texture added, more details on deck (thanks to Refar for the advice) [SC_bright.zip]

Edit2: added changed submarine animation, see post 12 for details and download

Edit3: added to database: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=9141, deleted files in opening post and added complete animation (thanks Refar) in opening post

Attachments

• demo.jpg
    demo.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 635
  • SCanimation.zip
    17.2 KB · Views: 189
Wau. When I was a child, I have this toy :)

Beautifulll! Thx

thanks! :) has someone a idea why the deck looks so unicolour in game (compared with nifscoope), are the painted details to small for the game?

Any chance for an American Gato class or a British S class sub next? :D

also my planes are so far:

finally two submarines classes for russia, great britian, us, japan, french and germany, a ocean and a small sub. I´m still not sure which models will be selected, but
russian: this one, small: m-class
us: Gato class is on my to do list, small: ?
british: i´m still not sure if i will make the s or the t class (will depend on the planes i find), small: v-class
japan: B class, small: ?
french: Redoutable class, small: sirene class

because germany already has the typ VII there is only need for a bigger one, the IX (the XXI perhaps will follow later as bonus, XXIII already exists)

3 side views are wellcomed (side views are easy to find, but top and front ...), especially for the allied ships (ironical it´s much easier for me to find russian planes than us or british, i didn´t knew that google changed the owner ;) )

@ GeoModder
the second, you must missed the polish sub ORP Orzeł (1939) ;)

Looks nice.

The paited details - you could make them bigger - two rows of bigger dents instead of the for tiny ones. Also increase the spacing a bit anf make the colors more different (like a bit lightr hull and a bit darker detail).

Otherwise making her have shader and using a gloss map might help. Would requiere the mesh to have skin instance however.

@ Refar

thanks for the advice. i will try and post the results later

thanks again Refar

tried what you said (and lightend the entire texure) and found the result is how i planed it, see pic, download first post

the model top right is the old skin for comparision

Attachments

• demo2.jpg
    demo2.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 164
created an changed version of the submarine animation (changed dive deep, middle between Standard and Gato). Still not perfect but better than before, see pic

Edit: added to opening post (also included in DB download)

Attachments

• demo3.jpg
    demo3.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 148
Dear Coyote,

I fear there is a problem with your animation. Sometimes when your sub shoots there are red globs. I'll try to make a screen. Can you explain or fix it?

€: I wasn't successful with a screen from the globes but at the moment there is another problem - the command buttons are missing. But only at your sub! Can you help me? Here is a screen

This has to be a problem with your XML definition. There is no way to make the buttons disappear by editing the model (other than making the model crash the game of course :lol:)

The pinkish things might be a missing texture on the torpedos.

I don't think so. If I use the standard submarine kfm and animations it looks like this... Everything is okay. And I have just changed the kfm path. And my path was right before because all actions were done right (I gave the command by mouse and keyboard).

The described behaviour is one seen when files are missing or path's set wrong, that's why i assumed XML error.

But you might be right after all... I get the feeling the KFM file might be broken somehow. There were also 2 animation files missing (run and one damage state missing...).

I renamed the new animations (.KF) to use the original submarine KFM and replaced the missing KF files. Seems to work now. Also put the Submarine_Torpedo.nif and the needed texture in the folder... I think that's what made the attack animation look odd. No idea why it would only strike sometimes tho.

Try those files...

I've never seen red globes again, but that must not mean anything. But the buttons are still missing. The gato animations und the standard sub animations work fine. Here a screen of your unit...

€: Surprise, also I've done dozen of battles and everything was fine here is a screen with red globes. But to my surprise both subs fire red globes. But even only one time! The torpedos before and after those were okay!!!! The right sub used the gato animation and the left the standard sub animations. Any idea?

I made one more test. If I use another sub than gato with gato animations the buttons disappear. Gato itself is okay.

My subs have a firststrikechance, may that cause the problem with the globes?

The archive i uploaded comes staight from my CustomAssets folder and its working fine - the buttons are there, the unit is moving, shooting, ...
You must be missing sometinh in your XML...
Here's the XML - piece from ArtDefine_Units (i replaced the normal submarine art with the SC):

EDIT: Now when i read you above post about the gato... Perhaps some kind of weird interference from using both units together... Never heard of this before...

Spoiler :
Code:
		<UnitArtInfo>
			<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_SUBMARINE</Type>
			<Button>,Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/Submarine.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/Unit_Resource_Atlas.dds,6,9</Button>
			<fScale>0.55</fScale>
			<fInterfaceScale>1.3</fInterfaceScale>
			<bActAsLand>0</bActAsLand>
			<bActAsAir>0</bActAsAir>
			<NIF>Art/Units/Submarine/SC.nif</NIF>
			<KFM>Art/Units/Submarine/SC.kfm</KFM>
			<SHADERNIF>Art/Units/Submarine/SC.nif</SHADERNIF>
			<ShadowDef>
				<ShadowNIF>Art/Units/01_UnitShadows/BattleshipShadow.nif</ShadowNIF>
				<ShadowAttachNode>BIP Pelvis</ShadowAttachNode>
				<fShadowScale>0.001</fShadowScale>
			</ShadowDef>
			<iDamageStates>4</iDamageStates>
			<fBattleDistance>0.55</fBattleDistance>
			<fRangedDeathTime>0.31</fRangedDeathTime>
			<bSmoothMove>1</bSmoothMove>
			<fAngleInterpRate>720.0</fAngleInterpRate>
			<fBankRate>.2</fBankRate>
			<bActAsRanged>0</bActAsRanged>
			<TrainSound>AS2D_UNIT_BUILD_UNIT</TrainSound>
			<AudioRunSounds>
				<AudioRunTypeLoop>LOOPSTEP_SUBMARINE</AudioRunTypeLoop>
				<AudioRunTypeEnd>ENDSTEP_SUBMARINE</AudioRunTypeEnd>
			</AudioRunSounds>
			<SelectionSound>AS3D_UN_SUBMARINE_FORT</SelectionSound>
			<ActionSound>AS3D_UN_SUBMARINE_FORT</ActionSound>
		</UnitArtInfo>

Those red thingies are not missing texture. To be honest i have no idea, what they are... Did you had this happen ever before ? Are you trying to put this in some king of bigger mod ? (Like adding a ton of other units and perhaps changing some special effect defines ??)

Top Bottom