Éa III: unit art we still need, organized and prioritized

Here's changelog so far for 7e, which is mostly unit graphic updates based on suggestions from Civtar, Doopliss and Nutty. Plus changing sea units to multi-member fleets, which I've always wanted.
  • Fixed Lich xp/mana value
    --Unit graphic updates:
  • All ships are now "fleets" with 3 unit members; all ships re-scaled
  • Added Wolfdog's Carrack, Galleon and Ironclad; and Barathor's non-barb Galley (after removing some sail decorations)
  • Name change: "Biremes" now "Galleys"
  • Fixed embarked unit graphics: start with Galleys, then Caravel with Astronomy and Portugese Nau (a fatter Carrack) with Navigation
  • Great Bombard uses Farsakh Cannon (w/out elephants) from the Mughals mod [unit has problems and I'm not happy with it, but OK as placeholder]
  • Bombards now uses Wolfdog's Turkish Bombards graphic
  • War Elephants uses Indian War Elephant
  • Mounted Elephants and War Elephants now 3 member unit, slightly shrunk
  • Mumakil is a giantized single Indian War Elephant (not permanent but works as placeholder)
  • Marksmen uses English Longbowmen (Man only)
  • Equites uses Greek Companion Cavalry (Man only)
  • Cataphracts & Clibanarii use Byzantium Cataphract (Man only)
  • Bowed Cavalry & Sagitarii use Huns Horse Archer (Man only)
  • Trackers uses Shoshone Pathfinder (Man only; still placeholder but different than scout)
  • Ranger uses Iroquoian Mohawkwarrior (Man only; still placeholder but different than scout)

I can't use the Hittite War Chariot as it seems to be pay DLC (can't find it in DB anywhere...). I agree we still need something to replace existing melee chariot.

Have I missed any other easy ones?

I'll do some icon updates suggested in the other thread and try to get this out soon.

Mongolia has always been free so I believe everyone has it.

It seems to be inconsistent but some pay-DLC is actually present in my game DB (the only pay-DLCs I own are the expansions + Babylonia). Other pay-DLC doesn't exist anywhere on my computer, as is the case for HWC. It's a morale grey area, but for my own ethical standards I feel OK using content that everyone has (but is hidden) but less so providing unmodified content they don't have and would normally have to pay for. I know that some of the custom units in the mod use animations or skeletons from pay-DLC, but that doesn't bother me for some reason.

Btw, my 2D "portrait" images are all used by permission (or are too old to need that). But not everything in the mod is, so don't demand morale consistency from me.

Edit: back on topic though. I agree that Danral's chariots kind of suck, but part of the problem might be my ArtDefine settings. They should probably match up with HWC but don't. I'll fix that an maybe they will be...a little less sucky.

@Pazyryk: I'm not quite following you for most of this here: I really don't see a reason not to make the mod require the Wonders of the Ancient World DLC. Also I believe there's a way to make different things happen in a mod depending on what DLC a player has: so maybe a player with Wonders would see the HWC art and one without would see Danrell's chariot...
You should also realize that no HWC in the mod means no elf chariots in the mod either: the elf chariots use HWC animations. Also in case you might have it, you should know that its art files are all misspelled: instead of "hittite_war_chariot" it is "hititte_war_chariot". So don't search for hittite in hopes of finding it. I can promise you that changing the ArtDefines for Danrell's won't do anything noticeable. The problems are that his use rather crappy Civ4 animations that have no city attack, no combat movement (so they often stab at empty air rather than an enemy model), no idle_trans animations, etc... all of which the HWC and only the HWC have.

Hey Paz! Haven't been here in a bit, good to be getting back. First of all, the new Skeletons are out! Check the Unit Graphics subforum... they should soon be joined by improved Zombies and an ugly mug who should work for your necromancer.
How about this for a human Druid?
Spoiler :

He's the Druid from Master of Mana.

And this for an Eidolon perhaps? (You could certainly adapt him to whatever you want, but I'm looking for an excuse to convert him.)
Spoiler :

He's the Undead General from Master of Mana.

Attachments

• druid.png
    druid.png
    28 KB · Views: 314
  • eidolon.png
    eidolon.png
    34 KB · Views: 328
Thanks Greyborea!
Paz? Any commentary here? I also found a Necromancer, the Blood Mage from Master of Mana. I'm looking through FFH's units to see if there are some good ones too... so your four horsemen should show up soon...

Yeah, Druid and Eidolon are fantastic!

I might wait on skeleton update for one with sword (or sword & shield). I just think of them that way. Archers are cool too so maybe I'll have a random assortment of sword and archer skeletons appear.

Top Bottom