Éa, The Ageless and the Divine (phase 2, alpha)

This is a very cool project. I downloaded the alpha today, followed your instructions carefully, but I am having the same non-displaying TechTree problem Sezneg had. I've reinstalled Civ5 and the mod, but it does not seem to help.

Here is the error log from the Lua. Hope that helps:
Spoiler :
[103936.002] Runtime Error: [string "\Users\devinbeaulieu\Documents\Aspyr\Sid Me..."]:519: attempt to index field 'AIProcessingStartedForPlayer' (a nil value)
[103936.002] Runtime Error: Error loading \Users\devinbeaulieu\Documents\Aspyr\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Ea II The Ageless and the Divine (v 1)\CoreUI\ActionInfoPanel.lua.
[103937.065] TechPanel: [string "\Users\devinbeaulieu\Documents\Aspyr\Sid Me..."]:328: Cannot find key - UnitFortificationModifier
[103937.065] Runtime Error: [string "\Users\devinbeaulieu\Documents\Aspyr\Sid Me..."]:328: attempt to compare number with nil
[103937.065] Runtime Error: Error loading Assets\DLC\Expansion\UI\InGame\TechPanel.lua.
[103938.766] TechTree: [string "\Users\devinbeaulieu\Documents\Aspyr\Sid Me..."]:328: Cannot find key - UnitFortificationModifier
[103938.766] Runtime Error: [string "\Users\devinbeaulieu\Documents\Aspyr\Sid Me..."]:328: attempt to compare number with nil
[103938.766] Runtime Error: Error loading \Users\devinbeaulieu\Documents\Aspyr\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Ea II The Ageless and the Divine (v 1)\CoreUI\TechTree.lua.

This is a very cool project. I downloaded the alpha today, followed your instructions carefully, but I am having the same non-displaying TechTree problem Sezneg had. I've reinstalled Civ5 and the mod, but it does not seem to help.

Here is the error log from the Lua. Hope that helps:
Spoiler :
[103936.002] Runtime Error: [string "\Users\devinbeaulieu\Documents\Aspyr\Sid Me..."]:519: attempt to index field 'AIProcessingStartedForPlayer' (a nil value)
[103936.002] Runtime Error: Error loading \Users\devinbeaulieu\Documents\Aspyr\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Ea II The Ageless and the Divine (v 1)\CoreUI\ActionInfoPanel.lua.
[103937.065] TechPanel: [string "\Users\devinbeaulieu\Documents\Aspyr\Sid Me..."]:328: Cannot find key - UnitFortificationModifier
[103937.065] Runtime Error: [string "\Users\devinbeaulieu\Documents\Aspyr\Sid Me..."]:328: attempt to compare number with nil
[103937.065] Runtime Error: Error loading Assets\DLC\Expansion\UI\InGame\TechPanel.lua.
[103938.766] TechTree: [string "\Users\devinbeaulieu\Documents\Aspyr\Sid Me..."]:328: Cannot find key - UnitFortificationModifier
[103938.766] Runtime Error: [string "\Users\devinbeaulieu\Documents\Aspyr\Sid Me..."]:328: attempt to compare number with nil
[103938.766] Runtime Error: Error loading \Users\devinbeaulieu\Documents\Aspyr\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Ea II The Ageless and the Divine (v 1)\CoreUI\TechTree.lua.

What fixed this for me was to make sure my game was up to date. I was playing in offline mode and didn't have the game set to update automatically; I actually missed the fall patch. As soon as I applied that patch, everything worked.

Thanks. The patch issue must be it. I am on a Mac and they still have not gotten around to releasing it yet!

perhaps i wasn't looking hard enough. but:

is there currently no way for units to Embark? or cross bodies of water?

Oops! Looks like I did forget to add this. I've attached a Technologies.sql replacement file below (replace the existing one in CoreTables). This gives Embark with Sailing and then cross ocean for embarked units with Astronomy.

The reason I'm not putting this in a hotfix yet is because I'm not sure whether embarking will work for GPs without some additional Lua modding. Due to some special mechanics, my fear is that you will now have "unembarked" GP units in the middle of the ocean at the beginning of the turn after embarking. Let me know if this is the case. If so, I'll add the Lua code to make it work correctly in v 2.

Edit: added attachment.

Were you getting that notification exactly when you clicked on the chop action? Or the next turn? And you didn't get it if you didn't chop?

I believe on the turn of the chop, though I didn't track it carefully.. since nothing jumps as obvious and I'm repeatingly hitting hit, I'll do more thorough observation on the next play through.

Found some logical problems with the action system that may be the source of both of these problems:
  • "Great Person progress was delayed by production shortfall!" appearing at inappropriate times
  • Tomes or possibly other city actions becoming disabled when they should be possible
Fixes are in v 2.

There is now a Changelog in the OP if you want to follow development. I should have v 2 out in a few days.

Thanks. The patch issue must be it. I am on a Mac and they still have not gotten around to releasing it yet!
I feel for your pain. I used to be a mac user until I needed to do a little coding for work in 2000, which forced me to transition over to the dark side.

I have no idea how they are porting over to Mac. Are the Lua/XML files identical for PC and Mac (other then the recent patch)? Even if so, at some point in the near future I'm going to start dll work. I suspect that dll mods don't work for Mac. But I could be wrong...

So far Mods work fine with the Lau files on the Mac. But yes, I believe dll work makes them incompatible. But on the upside, by the time I decide to sink some money into a PC system/bootcamp software this mod and many full conversion mods for Civ5 will probably be complete!

What's coming in v 2:

Some new GP actions that allow any GP to contribute a yield type (Warrior already can contribute xp via Train action). Unlike "take residence", it is a straight yield amount equal to mod/2 (rather than a percent boost ... so useful in early game) and not restricted to one per city (any number of GPs can do it in a city).

Spell learning will be functional. Here's the complete spell list for v 2, many of which are new:

Arcane Spells
Arcane spells are always modified by the caster’s Thaumaturgy level in addition to other promotions if listed (see Promotions for total modifier calculation).
Magic Missile (instant; Thaumaturgy; additional modifier: Battle Magery) Gives the caster a ranged attack with strength equal to the caster’s total modifier, range 2-plots (indirect fire). Uses points equal to the caster’s modifier if the attack does damage.
Hex (instant; Maleficium) Adds the Hex promotion to an adjacent enemy unit lowering strength by 20%. Chance of wearing off each turn is equal to 1 / caster’s Thaumaturgy Modifier. Uses 1 point each turn that the Hex remains.

Divine Spells
Divine spells are always modified by the caster’s Devotion level in addition to other promotions if listed (see Promotions for total modifier calculation). Many have an altered name and effect for the Fallen indicated in the following section.
Heal (instant; no req.; free for Priest) Heals up to caster’s Modifier in hit points for same-plot or adjacent allied living unit. Priority is for unit that can use up to Modifier in healing and then for the most powerful unit.
Bless (instant; Divine Liturgy) Adds the Blessed promotion to same plot or adjacent friendly “living” unit, adding 10 hp per turn to natural healing (unit must still take no action if it does not have march). Priority is for the strongest living unit (determined by unit cost). Chance of wearing off each turn is equal to 1 / caster’s Devotion Modifier. Uses 1 point each turn the Bless remains.
Sanctify (instant; Divine Liturgy) Adds the Sanctified promotion to one unit giving +5 hp natural healing and +20% defense against undead. Also protects the unit from negative spell effects like Hex, Curse and Defile as long as the Sanctified promotion remains. Chance of wearing off each turn is equal to 1 / caster’s Devotion Modifier. Uses 1 point each turn the Sanctified remains.
Éa’s Blessing (3 turns; Pantheism; additional modifier: Terriforming) Increases the spreading and regeneration strength of living terrain (forest, jungle or marsh) in one plot up to the caster’s modifier. Uses 1 point for each point of strength increase.

Altered divine spells for the Fallen
Hurt (altered Heal; instant; no req.; free for Fallen Priest) Damages adjacent enemy living unit up to the caster’s Modifier. Priority is for a unit that will be killed by the spell and then for the most powerful unit, but the caster’s Devotion Modifier must exceed the unit’s level.
Curse (altered Bless; instant; Maleficium) Adds the Cursed promotion to an adjacent enemy living unit, preventing all natural healing. Priority is for the strongest living unit, but the caster’s Devotion Modifier must exceed the unit’s level. Chance of wearing off each turn is equal to 1 / caster’s Devotion Modifier. Uses 1 point each turn the Curse remains.
Defile (altered Sanctify; instant; Maleficium) Adds the Defiled promotion to one unit giving -5 hp natural healing and -20% defense against undead. Also prevents the unit from gaining beneficial effects from Bless and Sanctify. Chance of wearing off each turn is equal to 1 / caster’s Devotion Modifier (or can be removed by Purify spell). Uses 1 point each turn the Defiled remains.

Cult-restricted divine spells (free and only available for Druid followers)
Bloom (3 turns; Cult of Leaves; additional modifier: Terriforming) Creates a forest or jungle on any valid plot adjacent to an already existing forest or jungle. A plot is valid if it is grass, plains or tundra, has no improvement or feature, and is not adjacent to any improvement. The caster’s Modifier determines the points used and also the resulting “strength” of the feature (strength = percent chance per turn that it will spread on its own or regenerate if removed).
Ride Like the Wind (instant; Cult of Epona; additional modifier: Battle Magery) Adds Ride Like the Wind promotion to all same-plot or adjacent horse-mounted units, adding +2 movement. The promotion will be lost if the unit starts a turn at a distance greater than the caster’s Modifier. Uses 1 point each turn the promotion remains per unit.
Purify (instant; Cult of Pure Waters) Removes all bad effects associated with defilement (Curse, Hex) and provides some healing to one unit. The heal effect provides 2/3 of the effect of the Heal spell.
Fair Winds (instant; Cult of Ægir) Permanently adds the Fair Winds promotion to any nearby allied ships, adding +1 movement. Uses 5 mana per ship affected.
Revelry (sustained; Cult of Bakkhia) Adds up to city local unhappiness or caster Modifier (whichever is less) to city happiness. Uses 1 point for each point of happiness added per turn sustained.

Fall from Heaven 2 got a feature that if you convert to a certain religion, you artwork of the improvements along with certain landscape features such as land turn to a hellish landscape on your city radius. Is there any chance that this feature that i'm talking about will appear in this mod? is it going to be somewhat different then what fall from heaven 2 has done?

@darkedone02,

I hope to have that eventually. It's easy to do from the coding side, but we just don't have much Civ5 artwork (units, terrain or improvements). I'd do it next week if I had the art.

Oops! Looks like I did forget to add this. I've attached a Technologies.sql replacement file below (replace the existing one in CoreTables). This gives Embark with Sailing and then cross ocean for embarked units with Astronomy.

The reason I'm not putting this in a hotfix yet is because I'm not sure whether embarking will work for GPs without some additional Lua modding. Due to some special mechanics, my fear is that you will now have "unembarked" GP units in the middle of the ocean at the beginning of the turn after embarking. Let me know if this is the case. If so, I'll add the Lua code to make it work correctly in v 2.

I just finished a game with this patch and you were right, Great people who start their turn in the ocean appear with the "unembarked" unit graphic, but other than that seem to work fine.

Found some logical problems with the action system that may be the source of both of these problems:
  • "Great Person progress was delayed by production shortfall!" appearing at inappropriate times
  • Tomes or possibly other city actions becoming disabled when they should be possible
Fixes are in v 2.

There is now a Changelog in the OP if you want to follow development. I should have v 2 out in a few days.

Can't wait!

What's coming in v 2:
Éa’s Blessing (3 turns; Pantheism; additional modifier: Terriforming) Increases the spreading and regeneration strength of living terrain (forest, jungle or marsh) in one plot up to the caster’s modifier. Uses 1 point for each point of strength increase.

Will this be cast-able outside of plots you 'own'? In plots that your rivals 'own'?

Considering how good this mod is early on, I am very much looking forward to playing it as it reaches a greater stage of completion.

I think I spotted a couple of bugs, not sure if they've already been reported/addressed:
- although I couldn't build a wonder when anyone else was working on it, the option was no longer greyed out once the wonder was finished by the other player and they were no longer working on it
- I tried to build Stanhencg in this situation to see what happened, and every turn I got no progress towards the wonder but I did get 150 gold because I "could no longer work on this wonder".

I also found that I could never complete Tomes because after I made a decent amount of progress, my GP got a promotion and I found they'd been reset back to 25 turns left. (not sure if the promotions were associated with the loss of progress, it's just getting promotions made me see how they were doing)

EDIT: I also get a workboat-GP when I take Militerism. When I try to disband it I get a repeating popup with the GPs name and information but no image. (this is with the hotfix.)

Very impressive mod so far Pazyryk.. It's inspiring you were able to achieve this much in Civ5. (and I like the festive reindeer nose BTW :rudolf:)

I haven't noticed any problems so far in my limited play of it, but I can't tell what the buildings / promotions / policies etc do without referring to the manual due to limited tooltips. Is there a system like in Civ4 where it can automatically generate some text for tooltips and pedia based on xml building and unit stats?

Happy New Year to everyone!! :xmascheers::newyear:

I haven't noticed any problems so far in my limited play of it, but I can't tell what the buildings / promotions / policies etc do without referring to the manual due to limited tooltips. Is there a system like in Civ4 where it can automatically generate some text for tooltips and pedia based on xml building and unit stats?

I used the manual to add helptext to most of the buildings and fill in some of the missing building names. It's a little patchy but it does let you get away with checking the manual much less often. (extract the attached zip into the Ea mod folder)

Attachments

• Ea building helptext.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 183
Top Bottom