ñ´s Religiously Wonderful SG

I'd choose 1 as the starting position.
Is there even a way to find out what lvl Barbarians we got? It'll make a difference on what units we do produce early on. Didn't get a chance to post on a civ, if going Cultural I'd have gone Babylon for all culture buildings cheaper.
Also with Vanilla we can win cultural with only a 20,000K city and not 100,000 req. for the civ?
This being 5CC I'd like to put our heads together before building new cities as well, moreso so I don't get a public thrashing than to put my 2 cents in :lol:

Well, we're obviously at a consensus for 1. Cyllus, there were already 3 votes to India, so they already had won and there wasn't much point in waiting for your vote. ;) Sorry.

All right!
Start One:
Move the settler East to the river and possible coast.
We really don't want to waste shields on Aquaducts if we don't have to and our cities must be large.
Worker South to Chop and irrgate the deer. Warr->Warr-> Getting the chop to happen for a settler or a temple some MM in there.
IF we are going 20K I think it will be on the 2nd city and starting on The Collussus. Thus really needs to be on the Coast.
City Placement is important so you want to have enough space to work all the tiles in the future.
Warriors are out to scout for furture sites and make contacts. We won't need to worry about Barbarian for a while yet.
we should have the 4 cites as our core. THe FIfth we dont really need build everthing if we plan to abandon in the future. I don't think that will be necessary.
Remember we will need to whip (rush) temple and libary ASAP
Writing as the tech for trading purposes and off to Republic as quick as a bunny
Our 2nd AA wonder any thoughts??

When going for Victory culture. Culture Building Double the points after 1000Years. The Faster you get them up the more points the faster to doubling and faster to a culture Victory. This is especialy important in the cutlure city.
Therefore in the Early going Whipping or cashing Rushing them is much more benfical then the pop loss or the cash. Saving many many turn later waiting for victory.
This is also another reason to go for Lit ASAP.

But your right I almost never build them otherwise.

JJJ said:
When going for Victory culture.
Yeah but (correct me if I'm an ignorant c3c player) we will not reach a 100K cultural victory with only 5 cities. Therefore a temple is only important in the 20K city given that we're going for a 20K win of course. If we do I'm in on whipping asap naturally.
Wonders: As long as it don't trigger a despotic GA I'm in on any cult wonder. Colossus is IMHO a given being the best overall AA wonder there is. If we have a 20K city I would build the Gardens there.

There are no Commercial/Religious AA wonders (in vanilla, at least) :) However, Lighthouse is commercial and Pyramids and Oracle are Religious. However, we might not need lighthouse that much because we don't know if it's Pangaea, Continents, or Archipelago. And the Oracle is far from the world's most helpful wonder. ;)

I may also be ignorant about this but for cultural victories (at least the ones I've gotten) don't we need both the city and civ to reach thier respective goals? Only reaching it with the city, or the civ, doesn't trigger the victory.

On a technical note... either I'm not pressing the right buttons to printscreen or I just can't find where they're going to... any help on this? I can upload the saves no prob. so it's not a big issue really if i don't post pics.

No, you only need one or the other not both. There should be a "Print screen" button. On my keyboard, it is a bit above "Insert" and shares a key with "SysRq".

For Culture Wins.
20K one city reaching 20K (win)
100K Your Civ at 100K AND Double the cutlure points of all civs. (i.e. Yours 100K closest civ has 60K No Vicotry. The magic number is now 120K).

Print Screen sends it to a buffer. Where it will need to be pasted into a program like Paint or any other program. From there edited and saved.

n, Pre-game discussion appears to be over- I think you can start the game now. ;)
Roster:
n911: Up (sorry there's not the ~ thingy, but I don't know how to make one...)
choxorn: On deck
cyllus
JJJspider
Daghdha

n has not been online since his last post on this thread. Should I start this up? :cool:

I see no reason why not Chox although it is Christmas weekend, could be keeping people busy. I'm anxious to get this rolling as well. Did n post a start .sav yet though?

Thanks for pointing that out, Cyllus. Obviously, I can't play if I don't have the save. :blush: :lol: :crazyeye: D'arty, I mean I don't know how combine the symbol with an n.

Hmm. Maybe I could roll a few saves and we could see if we like any of them more than start #1. If so, I'll play it. If not, Then we'll have ot wait.

Yeah your right JJJ. It's been 5 days now? We're soon approaching the "lost interest" point though. Give it a week (From n's last post) and let Chox do his thing I say.
Different note, what happens if a town "flips" to us and we reject it, does the town stay in existance or raze itself? This is a loose 5cc though so we can expect the flip and sell off it's goods then abandon it before end of turn I suppose.

Top Bottom