ñ´s Religiously Wonderful SG

A week from n's last post is 2 days from now. That's a bit short, but we are losing patience, so that's when I'll do it, unless n posts here by then and tells us why there has been a delay.

Time is now officially up. N has not been on the forums for a few minutes more than exactly one week. I will now roll starts- after I finish eating my lunch. ;)

Here they are. The Settings I chose:

World Settings:
Size: Standard
Land Mass, Water, Age, Temp, Climate, Barbs: Random

Setup:
Civ: India (Of course)
Difficulty: Monarch
Civs: 7 Random AI (Sorry, N. I know you wanted 9, but we didn't establish that. :( )
Rules: Default, Minus Respawn AI.

And The Starts. Note that there is a BG under the Settler in Start 2.

My Vote goes to Start 2 and Start 4. What do you guys think?

So sorry to do this to you guys, but reading up on other SGs I came across one played "Vanilla" and noticed a person using c3c played his/her turns and it was left incompatible with the rest of the players. Well needless to say I play c3c. I assumed one with c3c could play any type game including vanilla but apparently not without unistalling some components and whatnot, which I'm not willing to do atm. So as anxious as I am for an SG I'll just wait for a regular game to start up. I'll be watching for sure. :newyear:

Do you mean Civ 3: Complete? If so, then you can play all 3 versions of civ. Ask someone else about it, I don't really know the details.

Nevermind, I found the details in another SG thread about how to get into civ 3 if you have civ complete:
Whomp said:
With C3 complete you have vanilla and PTW as well. You'll be able to load it from here.

C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Civilization III Complete

Look for [civ3]
Hope this helps. :high5:

Sweet, that does work (or at least bring up a Civ III screen that isn't the normal one :confused:
As for the starts, of 2 and 4 I'd go with 4 for it's position on the map.

Good point, Cyllus. Yeah, 4 is slightly better due to location- should I start us up now?

May as well go Choxx, it's been 8 or 9 days now? I'm itchin' to get going.

Okay, but My Mom has declared that she gets the computer (she needs it for work) and I might not be able to get to it for a little while. :mad:

Hmm. Idea has sprung. Should I move Settler 1 tile SW so Capital will be coastal?

Sounds like the right thing to do, would free up that grasslad you're standing on instead of having 2 tundra squares

Good Point. I'll send the worker to the forest square to explore the coastline, then evaluate it (see if there are any whales/fish), and make my decision. Now now, though, as it is too late in my time zone. :(

Hmm. Idea has sprung. Should I move Settler 1 tile SW so Capital will be coastal?
Way to go. We have spices NE that will be in range after expansion. Have worker start road in place, then go irrigate/road cow so we get some bread on the forest shields we have. Then we can road/mine the bg and cross the river to road the grassland forest. If we're lucky we might have traded for pottery by then and can make a useful chop. Settling 1 SW also ensures we get that hill in range. If there's a fishy out there that only can be reached by settling on the hill or 1 tile S we'll have to accept the loss because we shouldn't settle there anyway.

I think he means the Bonus Grass tile. :hmm:
Playing Now...

Not Much Really Happened in these turns. But, it is the early AA- Not Much Really does happen!

Summary:
-Got Pottery
-Made a couple of Science mistakes
-Got A couple of Warriors and a Temple
-Met Zulu on Final Turn

And All of What Happened:

Turn 0 (4000 BC):
-I consider moving Settler onto coast. To help make my decision, I decide to move worker 1 SW onto forest. Misclick and send worker 1 W. Worker Sees:

-Move Settler 1 SW.

Turn 1 (3950 BC):
-Found Delhi: Starts Warrior
-Send Worker to BG tile 1E of Delhi

IBT:
-Our Sages Need Direction. I direct them to research Pottery at 100%, due in 18.

Turn 2 (3900 BC):
-Worker gets to BG tile.

Turn 3 (3850 BC):
-Worker Starts Road.

Turn 4-Turn 5 (3800 BC-3750 BC):
:coffee:

IBT:
-Worker finishes road (Pottery sped up 4 turns- Now due in 10)
-Delhi: Warrior->Warrior

Turn 6 (3700 BC):
-Worker Starts Mine.
-Warrior follows road onto hill 2 SE of Delhi. Sees Coast.

Turn 7-Turn 10 (3650 BC-3500 BC):
:sleep: (Warrior Explores)

IBT:
-Delhi Grows to Size 2 and Gets Culture Expansion
-Delhi: Warrior->Temple (Will probably :whipped: next turn)

Turn 11 (3450 BC):
-Go to Preferences Menu and Turn on "Always Wait at End of Turn", "Ask for Build Orders After Unit Construction", and "Show Wonder Initiation Pop-up".

IBT:
-Worker Finishes mine

Turn 12 (3400 BC):
-Worker moves North to cow. Decide not to whip due to the fact that it would only gain 6 turns- not really worth it IMO.

Turn 13 (3350 BC):
-Worker Roads Cow.

Turn 14 (3300 BC):
zzz

IBT:
-We get Pottery: Set Research to Masonry, due in 18.

Turn 15 (3250 BC):
-Exploring Warrior discovers several Gems.

IBT:
-Worker Finishes Road.

Turn 16 (3200 BC):
-Warrior finds GH.
-Worker Irrigates Cow.

Turn 17 (3150 BC):
zzz

Turn 18 (3100 BC):
-Warrior Pops Hut- Gets Maps

IBT:
-Delhi: Temple->Settler

Turn 19 (3050 BC):
-Notice Light Blue Border that was revealed by Map from Hut. Send Warrior North to reach border.

IBT:
-Our Treasury is Running Dangerously Low (Stupid Domestic Advisor...) (10g, -1gpt)
-Yellow Scout Runs Next to Warrior.
-Worker Finishes Irrigation.

Turn 20 (3000 BC):
-Contact Scout: It's the Zulu. :rolleyes:
-Can Trade Alphabet for WC and 10 gold or BW and 10 gold. Will leave trades to next Player.
-Zulu already has a second city.
-Move Worker: Preparing to Connect Spices

End Turn Notes:
-Screenie:

-I think those 4 gem mountains would Make for a nice city.
-Delhi will grow next turn, which means it will riot the turn after, so this must be fixed, as must our small financial problems. A Taxman might solve both.
-If you do Trade with the Zulu, I reccomend taking Bronze Working. You could also wait a turn, contact the LB civ, and see if trading comm with them to the Zulu (If they haven't met yet) lets you get both BW and WC, or get WC from the LB civ.
-And Here's the Save: ReligiousSG_3000_BC.SAV

Looks like a nice area, chance at every resource with all those different terrain. With the Zulu so close, probably just above that light blue civ, we better ge or cties down quickly bfore we're totally boxed in. 2 luxuries also :eek: This is my "Got It" can play tonight maybe ten turns before I'm off to New Years party. Definately finish in the AM though.

Top Bottom