[GS] “Jersey”colors

Well I sort of fixed the solution. I just made my own alt jersey combinations and hopefully they work fine.
Also put in Poland and China primary colors for them so no more pink and dark green hopefully.

Last edited:
I can never stress too much how important it is to create a mod instead of altering base game files directly. Even with back-ups it's just too easy to mess something up unintentionally and it's such a headache trying to track issues down.

For a noob like myself it's so much easier to tinker about in the game's files than it is to learn to use the modding tools.

Well I sort of fixed the sotuation. I just made my own alt jersey combinations and hopefully they work fine.
Also put in Poland and China primary colors for them so no more pink and dark green hopefully.

Good luck! Even changing things around I still see that awful light orange/green combo all the time - simply because the system recognizes its own dark red and brown values as too similar. I wish there was a way to simply make it so it only replaces colors schemes when they have exactly the same primary.

This jersey system is garish garbage!

Don't worry, in any case, verify the game files and let the game fix itself.

For a noob like myself it's so much easier to tinker about in the game's files than it is to learn to use the modding tools.
Welp, I did exactly not that before reading this post.

XML editing is not that difficult, but backups should be your best Friends here. As easy is to edit an XML, as easy it is too to screw up spelling a code and start trying to figure why things didn't work.
But well, it's nice to work out your own different schemes. IMHO, they played safe with the jersey sistema and built it based in a series of very different colors, too bright for a pleasant to eye combination, and too "standard" to give civs personality.

Building my own combos (and providing actual 4-different-color jerseys to most civs). I'm having opposite experience with some colors where the a jersey might be used but the system considers them different enough: e.g. Brazil Green -the flag one, not the light one they gave the civ with the jersey system - and Australia Green. It is true they (#009C3B for Brazil and the #076E27 for in-game Australia) can be differentiated easily when side to side, but are more tricky as unit icons - specially if both have yellow inserts. And they will be considered different in-game, not triggering a jersey switch for none civ.

Does anybody know the RGB values for the old Aztec secondary color?
The dark reddish orange color specifically as I liked that color and the dark red color they have now doesn't suit me.

Does anybody know the RGB values for the old Aztec secondary color?
The dark reddish orange color specifically as I liked that color and the dark red color they have now doesn't suit me.

The wiki tells me that the Aztec colors are 0x9CE8C2 (156,232,194) and 0xA43E25 (164,62,37).

The wiki tells me that the Aztec colors are 0x9CE8C2 (156,232,194) and 0xA43E25 (164,62,37).
Thanks, I wasn't sure if it was the old color or not, and it worked.

seems that using "Calypso's Recolored Civilizations" fixes the jersey problem with more than 20civs - i will try and report

update: can confirm, no more transparent civs, so far working for me, with 32 civs and 30 CS on giant earth map - it's a mix of vanilla colors and new one's
Looking at the code, it looks like it's basically doing the same thing as replacing all the alt jersey color combos with the same color pallete. It deletes all the entries in the PlayerColors table and then assigns current (already exists in the base game Colors table), new (defined in Colors table), or modified (from the already existing or newly defined palettes in the Colors table).

So instead of 4 different color palette jerseys, you end up with one, which still doesn't preclude the game from triggering the jersey system. I ran a test game with a half dozen Civs that I gave similar palettes to, and the Jersey system will still trigger. It does, however, as you stated, fix the problems with >20 Civs since more color options are assigned.

Firaxis really screwed up the "system" by NOT allocating a true capacity for us to have full control over everything.

I guess eventually some genius modder will find a proper solution. Shouldn't be that hard to collect data while setting up a Color-Picker device straight into an interactive "swapper" of custom palettes parameters & RGB strings -- ingame as a bonus.

:Cross-Fingers:

One thing I've noted when adding custom colors is that they show up correctly in the multiplayer civ picker, but not so in the single player civ picker. Anybody else having this issue?

Well.. looks like the Genius/Modder i wished for was already on the necessary tricks!
This stuff really solves most problems we might have had with unclear color/combos. It's a matter of opinions when selecting various themes but in general, he has good enough palettes.

Next step.. RGB customizations directly within gameplay & we'd be entering a magic device.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1661785509

Glad you're enjoying it! After many tests, I can confirm that Prismatic will work with as many civs as is possible to put into the game. Additionally, in case you haven't heard, Sukritact has updated his Civ Selection Screen mod, which now allows you to pick your jersey (from the 4 assigned to the leader) in single player mode.

@SeelingCat

Well, as long as you are here!
Would there be a simple way (for us or within the mod itself) to...

1) Maintain the exact default C6/RF/GS "Palette colors" for everything -- at least once (maybe the first Jersey) and use the remaining 3 sets for your new choices?
2) Create a fully interactive RGB color picker & then dynamically apply whatever we want either as some formal custom options/components or straight into your dataset (Save/Load SQL style if need be) structure(s)?

PS; From what i could check.. Sukritact's mod is a bit of an overshoot (breaks YnaEMP, slick but offstandards HUD content) for me. Ideally someone (you?!) should try integrating the 4 drop/down trick -- exclusively. :)

Last edited:
I'll answer your questions in reverse order if that's okay.

In terms of the picker, if I recall correctly, the reason Suk's mod is incompatible with YNAEMP is that they both edit the same UI files for the game set-up screen. Unfortunately, even if I were to make a mod that just does the color selection drop down, it would probably also conflict with YNAEMP (and Suk's mod of course). UI modding is also something I've never done before, sadly.

Re: Original palettes; that should actually totally be doable so long as you can find the original color's RGB codes (which I think might on the wiki if you look through old versions?). You would just need to add those colors to the database and give them a name and then you could insert the new color names into the second table in Prismatic. The game would still check to see if colors were conflicting so you'll still see some secondary jerseys if, for example, Poundmaker/Trajan/Gilgamesh are in the game, however.

@SeelingCat .. Gotcha!
Although, since your Mod assets processing is an SQL code... it probably is VERY easy to just fiddle with any values directly from that file. Knowing that any authentic updates to the official copy would break our stuff -- tracking for such changes is still possible but somewhat cumbersome.
If only a smart algorithm would solve that too! ;)

From what i could check.. Sukritact's mod is a bit of an overshoot (breaks YnaEMP, slick but offstandards HUD content) for me.
Add to Suk's UI modinfo under FrontEndActions>ImportFiles:
Code:
<Properties>
   <LoadOrder>2000002</LoadOrder>
</Properties>
That'll get Suk's AdvancedSetup files to overwrite YnAMP's and they'll play nice. Been using them together since last summer. :)

How would i manually add suk's civ selection screen UI mod? would i just drag the mod folder in DLC like i normally would? I ask this because for some reason the jersey selection is not showing up on my UI.

Top Bottom