“The Feminist”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hygro

soundcloud.com/hygro/
https://nplusonemag.com/issue-35/fiction-drama/the-feminist/

I saw this a month back, and I wanted to give you all time to find it on your own channels before posting it here, which in hindsight is a really weird thought to have but I digress.

To quote the top response from my channel “this [stuff] is [ducking] fire; I want more”

Opening paragraph

click the link and read it whole said:
IF YOU ASK HIM WHERE he went to high school, he likes to boast that, actually, he went to an all-girls school. That was sort of true—he was one of five males at a progressive private school that had gone co-ed just before he’d enrolled. People always reply: Ooh la la, lucky guy! You must’ve had your pick. Which irritates him, because it implied women would only date him if there were no other options, and because he hadn’t dated anyone in high school. One classmate junior year had a crush on him, but he wasn’t attracted to her curvaceous body type so felt justified in rejecting her, just as he’d been rejected many times himself.

Edit: standard etiquette for fiction applies, use spoiler tags to take about specifics for at least like the first page or two.[/edit]

Last edited:
Spoiler :
Fairly awful writing, thought he would go postal at the end with a gun. Still semi predictable.

More or less skipped the whole dating scene in terms of meeting strangers.

Last edited by a moderator:
uh, what is it all about? Give some reasons why is it good.

Spoiler use the spoiler tag :
Fairly awful writing, thought he would go postal at the end with a gun. Still semi predictable.

More or less skipped the whole dating scene in terms of meeting strangers.
Use spoiler tags! You’re the second post in a thread on fictional media Jesus FC.

Spoiler :
Also that’s an implied ending so of course it’s your interpretation if you were already looking for it.

Obviously I disagree with your taste in writing. But I suppose you read the whole thing (assuming your second paragraph was personal?) so thanks for that?

Why should I read this? What is it about? What did you like about it, and what do you feel you gained from reading it? What would you say is its central theme and message?

Why should I read this? What is it about? What did you like about it, and what do you feel you gained from reading it? What would you say is its central theme and message?
It’s fiction. Read the opening paragraph and if you enjoy the writing enough to be curious to continue, continue. It’s new so it might not cover the subject material exactly as you expect.

No thanks, I'd like to know what I'm reading. I don't just read every single work of fiction out there.

I feel if you're going to post this kind of thing, it'd be kind to talk about it, you know what I mean? What's your review? I guess I really don't just like the idea of sharing external content without saying why I'm sharing it. Where's the discussion?

I don’t want to spoil it at all, so it’s okay you don’t have to read it. But you can trust if I’m bringing it to CFC, it’s because after 17 years here I at least know what not to share.

You don't have to spoil anything. You can just say what it's about and why you think we should read it.

Say for example, "To Kill a Mockingbird" was just released online and no one knew about it, and I read it and want to share. I might say something like "I love this story, it's about a young girl in a southern town whose lawyer father is defending a black man, who couldn't have committed the crime. It's a powerful story from a child's point of view about the horrors and injustice of racism, and also other types of bigotry and how unreasonable they are."

Is this story you're linking to about a man who discovers toxic masculinity, and shows the need for feminism from men? Is it about a guy who just thinks he's a feminist? Is it a lesson in misunderstandings? Can you please give us something?

Is this story you're linking to about a man who discovers toxic masculinity, and shows the need for feminism from men?

That's exactly what it is. It's about a guy who becomes an incel, whose worldview and social circle make him suffer pointlessly (not necessarily in that order ;)).

Last edited:
What even is it? A blog post? An essay about something else? It reads like a summary of someone else's story. I don't even know what "channels" you're talking about.

You guys are just a hoot today.

I saw this a month back, and I wanted to give you all time to find it on your own channels before posting it here, which in hindsight is a really weird thought to have but I digress.
I did and have planned to read it but haven't for various stupid reasons

Longer than I thought, but considering I read an article a while back that argued that all male/female sexual intercourse is by definition rape, figured this couldn't be more out there than that and was not disappointed:

Spoiler :
If you let people teach you that your normal and healthy sexuality is diseased, you will learn to make sure it is diseased and no longer healthy or normal. Being diseased will not help interpersonal interactions be positive or healthy. Seems pretty straightforward. I mean, unless we want to try and argue that rejection and loneliness aren't a form of pain(and that learning your identity is fundamentally the fault is probably flat-out bullying) and that people should man up and bottle it until everyone that wants to pretend it isn't there can, and ignore the cost?

Edit: I mean, the super deep dive starts getting into why Dr. Frankenstein wanted what he wanted and why it was "monstrous" but I think that might be a bit far afield. Was there anything in specific that made it stand out as particularly relevant or interesting that you want to bounce off the wall a couple times, Hygro?

Last edited:
So are you saying basically this is a story blaming women for the existence and behavior of incels?

Thanks, I think I'll skip this one then.

Nah.

So are you saying basically this is a story blaming women for the existence and behavior of incels?

Thanks, I think I'll skip this one then.
No. It doesn’t argue that. You should interpret it devoid of the bias of others. That is what I am hoping for when discussing it with others. Their own independent and informed opinions. If not, please exit the thread.

That's exactly what it is. It's about a guy who becomes an incel, whose worldview and social circle make him suffer pointlessly (not necessarily in that order, though).
Thats a very different interpretation than mine.

What even is it? A blog post? An essay about something else? It reads like a summary of someone else's story. I don't even know what "channels" you're talking about.
i answered this three times in the thread, so if you are too lazy to read the thread you definitely won’t read the work of fiction I stated was a work of fiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom