0.33 hints?

Blathergut

Chieftain
Has there been any word on when for 0.33 or what sort of goodies will be in it??...have been inspired to play again lately and am enjoying it...was just curious about 0.33.

Betting on it being the Doviello, Kael's wanted them to be city-less nomads for a while.

It seems like it could be soon, Kael doesn't have a patch after 'l' listed and has mentioned fixing bugs.

Yea, he keeps saying that he will add stuff to .33

Plus there doesn't seem to be any major bugs left in this version, aside from some wierd stuff some people seem to be having with the Amurites.

I love this game.
it never ends
when you think you have done all
there is something more to do
and 0.33 shall continue the cycle so
:);):mischief:

That's why we will all go into "update withdrawal" when ice stage is finished (maybe even when shadow is done). :lol:

I'm looking forward to finally seeing the Illians in action. From the lore I've read, it ought to be quite fun seeing how they are handled.

one thing I do not understand:
If I am not wrong, 33 should be done around the new patch.
A Civ/BTS patch seems to circulate around BUT, it is still not officially on Firaxis' web site (http://www.firaxis.com/support/support_detail.php?gameid=16&patch=1)

Does it mean that Kael waits for a true and genuine version of the patch before releasing 33?

one thing I do not understand:
If I am not wrong, 33 should be done around the new patch.
A Civ/BTS patch seems to circulate around BUT, it is still not officially on Firaxis' web site (http://www.firaxis.com/support/support_detail.php?gameid=16&patch=1)

Does it mean that Kael waits for a true and genuine version of the patch before releasing 33?

Well, the patch (3.17) is released officially, but the firaxis website is chronically out of date. If you do a search for it, you'll find it on all sorts of trustworthy download sites. You actually need it to play FFH with the latest patches.

The in-game auto-updater even finds the patch (although it reportedly is more trouble than its worth.)

Well, the patch (3.17) is released officially, but the firaxis website is chronically out of date. If you do a search for it, you'll find it on all sorts of trustworthy download sites. You actually need it to play FFH with the latest patches.

The in-game auto-updater even finds the patch (although it reportedly is more trouble than its worth.)

Yes, my experience with using the in-game updater was painful. Civ/BTS sat there for about an hour or so and wouldn't let me exit or quit because apparently it was "performing a patch installation." I finally killed the process.

I went and found the patch file and manually downloaded it, it is pretty big (I think a couple hundred MB.) My guess is that Civ/BTS was slowly downloading it all that time, but it was kind of maddening in that there's no progress meter so you have no idea what is going on.

Josh

I was a bit more patient and waited about 6 hours for the patch to install using the in-game patcher. It never did and as you said, there is no way to exit out. So I eventually killed it from Windows. They need to patch their patch process!

I wonder if the Lunan will be updated any?

I heard the Luchuirp are going to be upgraded where all golems start with 2 fireballs instead of one, and you get to build an Advanced Blasting Shop once you learn Engineering which upgrades all current golems to 4 Fireballs per turn. ;) :D

That has to be a rumor because that would clearly make them far more powerful than they already are. Enemies will never be able to touch them with those fireballs, and making a scorched earth policy even more literal.

Top Bottom