0.33 hints?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Blathergut, Jul 9, 2008.

1. smjjames

smjjames Emperor

It would still be damn cool though.

As far as the autopatcher, I've had problems with the autopatcher not actually installing the updates even though it says it is, so I just go and download it manually from the Civ Fanatics database, which works.

2. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

Obviously it was a joke....although it has made me consider giving them a UB that gives golems twincast. I am planning to give them several new UBs that grant golems promotions, and let them cast Retrofit spells that can give them those promotions after being built. These spells will probably remove unfitting promotions (e.g., a golem cannot be both heavy and light), immobilize the golem for a turn or two, and maybe cost a little gold.

3. kumquatelvis

kumquatelvis Prince

Paying money to retrofit golems would be kinda cool. Although they're pretty powerful now, so you have to worry about balance issues.

4. hbar

hbar Constant

For retrofitting golems, perhaps you could make it so the more "features" you add to a golem, you give it a chance to break down. Have some promotion that gives 0 movement and -100% strength, and have repair remove it (with a wait of ~1-3 turns). Also, if the twincast fitting is added, perhaps a chance for critical failure that results in the golem exploding when casting and damaging the stack? Just some thoughts for balance sake.

5. rocklikeafool

rocklikeafool Warmaster

An alternative:

Spoiler :
    An alternative could be to make it so the golems have X% of breakin down every turn and that X% increases for every feature you add. (I'm not goin to put a value on X, so jus deal with it. But for simplication purposes, assume that X=100. That makes it easier to get percentages.) So, to lay it out, your golem starts with no features and 0.1X% chance to break down. Then, with one feature, your golem has a 0.2X% chance to break down. With 3 features, that goes to 0.3X%. With 4, it jumps to 0.4X%. With 5, it jumps to 0.45X%. And it stops at 5. You can still add features, but it won't increase the chance of breakin down.

Of course, you could have a promotion called "Golem Repair", which would have 3 levels. So, you'd have "Golem Repair I", "Golem Repair II", and "Golem Repair III". (Needs a better name prolly than "Golem Repair", somethin to kinda imply that there's a Luchiurp repairmen with the golem; kinda like the Flagbearer promotion for Warhammer, if anyone's familiar with it.) These promotions reduce the chance that the Golems will break down. So, "Golem Repair I", which will require 2 features, will reduce the chance of a breakdown by 0.1X%. And "Golem Repair II", which requires 3 features, will reduce it by 0.3X%. Lastly, "Golem Repair III", which requires 4 features, will reduce it by 0.4X%. So, provided you're smart and decide to pick the "Golem Repair" promotions, you should rarely, if ever, have your golems break down.

The only question is...will the AI be able to handle it? Possibly.