0% of American believe economy is getting better

I believe these 19% are the people who believe Jesus will come back tomorrow.

You can fool 25% of the people all the time. I'm standing by that statistic, Bush is quite obviously the litmus test for it. 19% disapproval +5% unsure ~ 25%. I'll put the 1% down to statistical error.

How in the hell does 18% of those polled think the economy is between good and excellent? What sort of twisted, insane logic are they using to come up with that?

Oh, wait, I know, probably the same that says "the fundamentals of the economy are strong": mindless rhetoric.

I just can't believe there's a "0%" in a poll. I don't think I've ever seen that. Even stuff like "aliens have visited the Earth" gets responses.

Cleo

I just can't believe there's a "0%" in a poll. I don't think I've ever seen that. Even stuff like "aliens have visited the Earth" gets responses.

Cleo

Even the ridiculously leading polls on Lou Dobbs' show are usually only 98%-2%.

Even Saddam only went to 99%. Have some dignity, pollsters.

We're NOT in a recession!!!!!!!

If you're mocking my thread from last January, at the time we weren't. Two quarters negative growth is a recession. Not "fuzzy feeling that the economy is not doing well".

Could one not presume that the economy would get worse before it got better? It seems like a strange question to ask.

That's what I'm presuming. The average citizen should still be able to save/invest a portion of their income and we should still be encouraging people to do so.

There is optimism, 42% of Americans say it will be better a year form now, but apparently 82% believe it is going to get worse, before it gets better.
It's not going to get better, not if they stay the same course as the past 20-so years. Reagan-Thatcher deregulation has been proven a failure. It's time for a paradigm shift.

How in the hell does 18% of those polled think the economy is between good and excellent? What sort of twisted, insane logic are they using to come up with that?

Oh, wait, I know, probably the same that says "the fundamentals of the economy are strong": mindless rhetoric.

I'm kind of one of them. And I vote democratic. Here's how: there is still room for innovation, there is still a weak full-employment, there is still a powerful higher education system, there are still major opportunities for profit and growth combined with the capital (human, software, equipment, and yes even money) to make that happen.

If you're mocking my thread from last January, at the time we weren't. Two quarters negative growth is a recession. Not "fuzzy feeling that the economy is not doing well".

My macro econ professor shows how other metrics that ALWAYS accompany recession, and are used to measure recession, are present, so it's not a fuzzy feeling, it's an educated measure of a fuzzy concept (recession in general).

Top Bottom