007 The Rock

Zkribbler

Deity
The Rock has announced he'd like to be the next James Bond. :sniper:

IMHO, he's too physically overwhelming to play a convincing Bond. OTOH how do you say no to him? :scared:

I was thinking that Will Smith would make an interesting Bond.

Regardless of absurdist action during Brosnan and such, 007 is supposed to be a suave, classically masculine man's man (for the market, that is). If a woman, she probably has to fit that side of spy tropes.

Now, the Rock is clasically masculine in other ways, but while I like him a lot, I've never seen him do suave well. He indeed has a range beyond campy comedy action stuff, but I'm not sure he'll be able to do the role well.

I'd love to see a nonwhite Bond, and I'd love to see a female one. Doesn't have to be pseudobritish martini tux guy every time. Would the market accept the Rock? Idk.

I was thinking that Will Smith would make an interesting Bond.
There was a story of a CIA agent in Moscow at the height of the Cold War.

He walks down the street and a babushka says “hello comrade American spy.” He quickly walks away.

Then he goes to the newsstand to pick up a copy of Pravda. The man selling the newspapers asks “you read Russian, comrade American spy?” Again, he quickly walks away.

Finally, he is stopped by two policemen. “Comrade American spy, are you lost?”

The man finally breaks down and asks “how do you know I’m an American spy?”

The cop laughs, “only the Americans would send a black agent to the USSR.”

I think Bond's race is less important to the role than his accent (Amadeus has a point), but even fictional characters can take on a life of their own and any significant departures could hurt. I cant remember the guy's name but a black actor was under consideration to replace the current guy, I've seen him in another movie and he could pull it off.

They should set the movie 100 years in the future and make the Rock into a cyborg agent sort of deal. That way you're essentially creating a new sci-fi cyber agent franchise while at the same time plugging into the 007 name and drawing a part of that audience.

Otherwise the Rock as 007 doesn't work, his head is too big

You're welcome Hollywood

I think Bond's race is less important to the role than his accent (Amadeus has a point), but even fictional characters can take on a life of their own and any significant departures could hurt. I cant remember the guy's name but a black actor was under consideration to replace the current guy, I've seen him in another movie and he could pull it off.
Wasn't that Will Smith?

no, he was in some movie with Matt McCanaughayftjkijg

oh yeah, he played Beyonce's hubby a secretary tried to steal

i can look it up

edit Idris Elba

Smith was good in MIB but Bond's humor is more sophisticated and delivered dryly

I'd like to see him given a try but I think Elba can do the accent, he might even be a brit.

hmm...the search for Bond

Elba is too old, and too male.

Bond needs a significant reset to make the story interesting and remain relevant.

Its a shame the current Miss Moneypenny didn't develop into the next bond.

Spoiler No time to die :
Do we not know it is Lashana Lynch?

Spoiler No time to die :
Do we not know it is Lashana Lynch?

Yeah, I pretty much thought that settled it.

I wouldn't think the Rock would work. It needs to be someone who's more serious.

yup, spies gotta fit in, not stand out

Bond goes around announcing his name to everyone he meets. After nearly 60 years of active service I suspect everyone in the intelligence world would know who he is and what he looks like.

Last edited:
Bond goes around announcing his name to everyone he meets. After nearly 60 years of active service I suspect everyone in the intelligence world would know who he is and what he looks like.

He's probably half Gallifreyan: he likely changes his face regularly to keep his enemies guessing.

Top Bottom