1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[1.0.0.110] New Map Pin Title Saved to Random Existing Pin

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Bug Reports' started by Bleser, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Bleser

Bleser Prince

This bug has been around since the game came out but this is the first time I'm posting about it as it has become increasingly frustrating as I use pins more and more.

I searched but could not find this reported already.

Essentially, the bug goes like this:
    1. Have a map with one or more existing map pins.
    2. Place a new pin. The game asks for the name/icon.
    3. The name you typed is saved to an existing pin elsewhere on the map, overwriting whatever was on that pin.
    4. The new pin you placed has no name - shows up in the list as "Unnamed Pin 0" or something.
    5. Manually correct both pins.
    6. Rinse and repeat the next time you want to place a new pin.
    This does not happen 100% of the time - feels like about 2/3 of the time. I have had some success working around it by clicking "add new pin", then clicking out of it, then clicking "add new pin again" and actually placing it. I don't know if this has any real effect but seems to (but even this doesn't always work).

Please fix! I like pins but the manual re-work makes using them quite annoying.

2. chazzycat

chazzycat Deity

Seconding this. I get the same behavior and it's increasingly annoying. Pins are a great feature, but wasting your time renaming them over & over is pretty frustrating.