[1.0.0.167] "returned" own city is occupied

Piruparka

Prince
Japan took a city from me (Kerma in the south) and in peace negotiations I had them give it back to me. When I get it back, the game asks me if I'd like to keep or destroy it (the latter is greyed out). If I choose to keep it, it will count as occupied. So it doesn't grow.

In the savegame, ask for peace with Japan and then have them return Kerma.

Attachments

• return bug.Civ6Save
    1.7 MB · Views: 113
Had this happen on a City State taken by AI that I got from peace. I chose to keep it but remains 'occupied'
There was no way to remove it other than to give it back to AI.

It was a 21 pop city with insane science. needed it as part of my science strategy. kinda sucks it bugged out :(

This also happened to me, but I was playing Rome, and it was two cities. One of them only had a population of two, and it never grew again.

Same thing happened to me this weekend, probably cost me the game. My city in question was the capital too. I was Aztec and AI, Kongo. Hopefully they will fix this bug soon.

Just noticed this thread is missing a key search word: to cede / ceeded

From reading this forums, it sounds like this bug applies to CSs and returned own cities.

I've encountered a similar issue as well. I founded a city, then a few turns later Japan declared war on me and took said city. After conquering the city, Japan offered peace. I believe I refused (I did not cede the city), though I may have accepted initially and then attacked a few turns later... can't remember now. In any case, I started attacking the city and eventually Japan offered another peace deal, which included ceding the city back to me. I accepted this deal, but the city has said occupied ever since. A bit frustrating, especially since it is stuck at 3 pop, and it's a frontline city.

edit: Turns out I managed to build a Campus before it was taken, so I can build a Library in 92 turns and increase pop to 4....

Last edited:
France DOWs me. We fight and I kill a bunch of her units then she sues for peace.
She has previously conquered Zanzibar so I ask her for it as a part of the peace deal - and get it.

Zanzibar shows as "occupied" and will not grow...

Why?!?

Yep, same thing. I fought Rome and got Lisbon and Ostia in the peace deal. I get the popup for Lisbon and say "keep city". I don't get a popup for Ostia. Ostia is not occupied and can continue to grow peacefully. Lisbon stays occupied, and cannot grow and has large negatives (although it's in a crappy spot anyways so not that big of a deal).

So, this just happened to me playing Scythia. First I didn't think it was a biggie, just waiting for the "occupation" to end... It is still occupied 30+ turns later! I did not garrison it until last turn (this is an ongoing game as of writing), maybe it will help?

I've just had this again but not with a City State. Instead, I went to war with Egypt who'd previously taken Valencia from Spain. I took Valencia from Egypt in a peace deal and it showed as occupied thereafter.

Happened to me as well recently. I'm not on the fall update as they did not release it for Linux yet, anyone know if that one fixed this?

Similar this just happened to me.

I took a capital which was taken from me. I've re-taken this back but there was no option to cede the city during the deal.

It remains occupied thereafter????

Top Bottom