[1.0.0.167] Wonder adjacent requirement bug

bbufa

Warlord
================
Save file 1: Egypt (AI)
- Holy Site was built in Akhetaten
- "Mahabodhi Temple" was built in Ra-Kedet BUT it's not adjacent to Ra-Kedet Holy Site
================
Save file 2: Poland (human player)
- Holy Site was built in Krakow
- "Mahabodhi Temple" can't be constructed because of adjacent requirement!
================
How magically AI could build the wonder?

Attachments

• wonder adjacent requirement 1.Civ6Save
    2.3 MB · Views: 104
  • 20170921194009_1.jpg
    20170921194009_1.jpg
    467 KB · Views: 91
  • 20170921194024_1.jpg
    20170921194024_1.jpg
    471 KB · Views: 87
  • wonder adjacent requirement 2.Civ6Save
    2.2 MB · Views: 70
  • 20170921193214_1.jpg
    20170921193214_1.jpg
    481.7 KB · Views: 141
Don't want to open the saves, but is there a Temple in Krakow's Holy Site? That's another requirement...

Then may be a bug (or not). Depends on how it was originally intended to work. I have had cases when I could build the wonder next to another city's required district, and had cases when I couldn't...

In Egypt's case: did Ra-Kedet have its own Holy Site? I suspect this may be a reason - as long as the city has its own required district, it doesn't care next to which of them to build the wonder...

Otherwise I'm lost :D (Or I'll actually have to open the saves when I can).

EDIT: I'm assuming Poland is the founder of Catholicism? :D

Last edited:
Yep, the Holy Site in Ra-Kedet may allow Mahabodhi Temple construction.
Later in the save file#2, I found that I can build Hagia Sophia in the same tile, and Radom still DO NOT has a Holy Site.

So, either the Mahabodhi Temple requirement is misleading, or this is a bug. How can we place cities&districts without knowing the wonders' requirements?
As I remember, same thing happens to Colosseum and some other wonders.

PS: yes, Poland found Catholicism.

Attachments

• 20170922031018_1.jpg
    20170922031018_1.jpg
    495.2 KB · Views: 80
  • quicksave.Civ6Save
    2.3 MB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Yep, the Holy Site in Ra-Kedet may allow Mahabodhi Temple construction.
Later in the save file#2, I found that I can build Hagia Sophia in the same tile, and Radom still DO NOT has a Holy Site.

So, either the Mahabodhi Temple requirement is misleading, or this is a bug. How can we place cities&districts without knowing the wonders' requirements?
As I remember, same thing happens to Colosseum and some other wonders.

PS: yes, Poland found Catholicism.

Another question here. What's the Egyptian Holy City there? I think this could be a 'hidden' requirement for Mahabodhi Temple. So if it's Ra-Kedet, then probably this is the case.

[1.0.0.194 (313929)]

Attached is a save with another example of this situation. Pasargadae has two locations that are valid for constructing the Mahabodhi Temple. One site is woods adjacent to Pasargadae's holy site, which has a temple, which makes sense according to the description of the Mahabodhi Temple: "Must be built on Woods adjacent to a Holy Site district with a Temple, and you must have founded a Religion." The other valid location is woods adjacent to the holy sites of Hagmatana and Tarsus, neither of which has a temple, but not adjacent to Pasargadae's holy site. If the description was accurate, this tile would be invalid.

Note that neither Hagmatana or Tarsus has the option to build the Mahabodhi Temple; Hagmatana can't even build it on the woods tile adjacent to Pasargadae's holy site. Based on this information, it seems that the actual requirements are: "Must be built on Woods adjacent to a Holy Site district, in a city with a Holy Site district with a Temple, and you must have founded a Religion."

If this behavior is intended then the description should be changed to reflect it; if this behavior is unintended then the conditions that the game checks before allowing construction of the Mahabodhi Temple should be adjusted to reflect the intended behavior.

Attachments

• CYRUS 111 125 BC.Civ6Save
    1.3 MB · Views: 48
Top Bottom