1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[1.0.0.194] Civ Spawn Bug

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Bug Reports' started by blackbutterfly, Oct 20, 2017.

1. newbie2

newbie2 Chieftain

Is there any other way around? Unless It's ment that Washington and Paris are 3tiles apart.....

2. blackbutterfly

blackbutterfly Chieftain

Use the "reveal all" debug command to preview the map to see if spawns are ok. Not ideal but the problem effects certain map+seed combinations.
    So Restart if you have a weird start.

Also, I've found not all maps are impacted so badly by the default start locations. E.g: Scrambled Arctic -> https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1124979000 (Huge)

3. blackbutterfly

blackbutterfly Chieftain

Sorry to troll this thread, but I updated my map to use the Fractal map's starting defaults and lo and behold the standard starting locations seem to be OK.
    So it looks like Firaxis only tested their start locations logic on Fractal and maybe Island Plates. :cringe:
    TBH of the default map scripts Fractal is probably the nicest, followed by Island Plates. I don't play any of the others anymore. Only "real world" maps now ;)

4. newbie2

newbie2 Chieftain

It works, but aside from exploration being a key feature, you also immediatly meet everyone and get boosts for political philosophy/astrology/etc....

Are some map types not impacted at all? And apparently enabling the console gives more map types?

I usually play continents, but I guess I could witch to fractal for the time being. Or play the scenarios...

5. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Reveal All will have those effects, but what you can do is save the initial start, use Reveal All to confirm it isn't a messed up start, and then reload the initial save. Yes, you will have seen where the other civs and CSs start, but you won't have the meeting gold and early eurekas.

cvb and blackbutterfly like this.
  6. cvb

cvb Chieftain

I did this sometimes in the older days with the former versions of civ ... I saved the nice starts into a special directory and then, after having seen dozens of starts, picked randomly one of the "nice ones" in said directory ... and didn't remember really a lot of that individual game ... especially not some days later, when continuing from the so prepared start.

How do you say? Who fails to prepare, prepares to fail ...

7. newbie2

newbie2 Chieftain

its an elaborate workaround for something that should have been fixed ages ago...

Can anyone tell if some maps are not affected?