1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] [1.0.0.216] Mongols' Ordu production cost bug

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Bug Reports' started by bbufa, Feb 9, 2018.

1. bbufa

bbufa Chieftain

(Quick save) It tooks 999+ turns to complete Ordu
    (Autosave) Barracks (cost 90 productions) takes 6 turns, Ordu (120 productions) takes 26 turns???
    =======
    I tried swapping ordu with a scout, it did not work, still 999+ turns left. However gold purchase doesn't seem to be bugged.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  2. twyxx

twyxx Chieftain

Do you know what policies you had slotted? Seems like Veterancy military policy might be bugged with the Ordu.

3. Inhalaattori

Inhalaattori Chieftain

I also had this bug when I was running Veterancy policy card.

4. bbufa

bbufa Chieftain

yes, i did use Veterancy card

5. LordMuadDib

LordMuadDib Chieftain

I have the same bug. I did use the Veterancy card many turns back and I no longer have it selected, but the bug still remains.

6. twyxx

twyxx Chieftain

Do you happen to have a save before you captured Nodwengu? Looks like you captured Alhambra. That may be bugging the extra military slot somehow? Not sure, this is a tough one to figure out. I still have not seen it in my games yet.

7. cugel

cugel Chieftain

Here the same problem; don't think I have ever had anything to do with veterancy or Alhambra this game.

8. twyxx

twyxx Chieftain

Yeah, I finally had it occur today. It only happened to one city. All the other Ordu were fine. Never had veterancy slotted or Alhambra. Think veterancy just magnifies the effect and causes the 999+ turns or negative production, but doesn't really have anything to do with the bug itself. I couldn't figure it out though. Have no idea what was special about that one city that caused it.

9. cugel

cugel Chieftain

Alhambra hasn't been build yet, but I checked and it is true that I have used the veterancy card several times though that is now already many many turns ago. All cities cannot build Ordu's so reluctantly I have to build barracks which is a waste when you are the mongols.
    I should say though that I find the game slightly boring. This is the first time that I play Rise and Fall. First I spend 3 days plodding on to turn 200 about. Then I gave up. Other stuff to do. Now I'm approaching turn 300. That is crazy!!! Where is a good strategy game that you can play in a lunch break?? I will have spend all my free time during a whole week and over by the time I finish this game. Where is the incentive then to start on a second game? Yes, perhaps with a seriously over powered civilization so that I fly through it. But then, what is the fun in that?

10. aguliondew

aguliondew Chieftain

So this bug maybe because of the veterancy card? I got my first Orda up but the rest cost more than any wonder I would even consider. Its happening in all of my city but I got the first one up.

11. HyJinkx

HyJinkx Chieftain

I ran into this problem tonight and since it ruined my game I figured I would take a look into it. I can’t say exactly why it’s doing what it’s doing but it is the Veterancy card causing it. Moreso it’s when you in any way move the card once you’ve slotted it.
    Example: Turn 65 add the card encamp 1 4 turns for barrack and 6 for Ordu.
    Turn 66 Remove card or move it. barrack 4/barrack 8/Ordu
    Turn 67 Add card back. 4/barrack 8/Ordu
    Turn 68 Remove card. 4/barrack 14/Ordu
    Turn 69 Add card. 4/barrack 14/Ordu
    Turn 70 remove card. 4/barrack 54/Ordu

So, each time you remove or even move the card to another slot it just increases the amount of turns to build the Ordu. The production cost in the tooltip stays the same which for me was 60 production since I was testing on online speed. Now what’s more painful is if you just the card from the wild card slot to the Military policies slot this is worse because you get the effect every turn instead of every other turn. With that test I was at 999+ by turn 69.

Turn 65 before ever adding the Veterancy card.

Turn 69 after switching the card back and forth between the wild card slot and the military policy slot.

I can’t say if it will effect any encampment that is not already built when the change takes effect. I had one built in every city and every encampment was effected.
    Edit: I rechecked and it does effect any encampment after the card has been used and moved. The price to buy them stays normal though of course.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018