[R&F] [1.0.0.220] Undetected enemy spy is visible

cholsy

Warlord
Usually, after an enemy spy is detected, its owner is identified and I can ask him/her to stop spying on me.
But sometimes a spy is visible even though it doesn't seem to be detected.
On the screen below, it says just "an enemy spy" but I can see that Tamar sent it.

Untitled-1.jpg

I cannot ask her to stop spying on me in the diplomacy window.

You allied with Tamar? Because you now share visibility with all your allies units, including spies. Not sure if this is intended or a bug, but it is rather silly.

Allied spies.jpg

This appears to be pretty rare. I couldn't reproduce it with allies shared visibility in a hot seat game using Poundmaker.

When I experienced this I had a military alliance with the civ whose spies I could see. Might have been tier 2 or 3; it's been a while and I can't recall for sure. I assume that it is unintended, because it made counterespionage very easy (the spy coverage part, anyway).

I have only ever seen enemy spies when in an alliance.
The spy game is still flawed though. No Spy buildings, No way to really do something with Spies, and Counter Intelligence is hopelessly inadequate (last game it just did not work. I kept getting Partisans raised by an "unknown enemy", even when the spy had been killed it still said "unknown enemy" and there was no way to stop the flood of partisans being spawned every other turn apart from stashing a full 8 plane Bomber Fleet within range.

Top Bottom