1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] [1.0.0.220] Undetected enemy spy is visible

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Bug Reports' started by cholsy, Feb 13, 2018.

1. cholsy

cholsy Chieftain

Usually, after an enemy spy is detected, its owner is identified and I can ask him/her to stop spying on me.
    But sometimes a spy is visible even though it doesn't seem to be detected.
    On the screen below, it says just "an enemy spy" but I can see that Tamar sent it.

Untitled-1.jpg

I cannot ask her to stop spying on me in the diplomacy window.

2. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Warlord

You allied with Tamar? Because you now share visibility with all your allies units, including spies. Not sure if this is intended or a bug, but it is rather silly.

Allied spies.jpg

3. twyxx

twyxx Chieftain

This appears to be pretty rare. I couldn't reproduce it with allies shared visibility in a hot seat game using Poundmaker.

4. Nalain

Nalain Chieftain

I have got the same problem once with one non allied civ.

5. Emptiness

Emptiness []

When I experienced this I had a military alliance with the civ whose spies I could see. Might have been tier 2 or 3; it's been a while and I can't recall for sure. I assume that it is unintended, because it made counterespionage very easy (the spy coverage part, anyway).

6. HiRezAudio

HiRezAudio Chieftain

I have only ever seen enemy spies when in an alliance.
    The spy game is still flawed though. No Spy buildings, No way to really do something with Spies, and Counter Intelligence is hopelessly inadequate (last game it just did not work. I kept getting Partisans raised by an "unknown enemy", even when the spy had been killed it still said "unknown enemy" and there was no way to stop the flood of partisans being spawned every other turn apart from stashing a full 8 plane Bomber Fleet within range.

7. Das Capitolin

Das Capitolin Chieftain

I have seen this two ways:
    1) I have an alliance with that nation's spy.
    2) I captured the city where that spy was.