[Vanilla] 1.0.0.229 Carl Sagan Overflow

I just ran into that last night. Even with the Stephanie Kowalski (sp?) production bonus and the Integrated Space Cell 15% bonus from a seaport, Sagan only completes the current space project.

When i reported this 'bug' I also reported it to 2K games... I thought it was the result of the patch from 2 days previous on 7th March.... but then i found this thread https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...uction-overflow-removed.628138/#post-15029830

There is nothing mentioned in the patch notes for the Feb patch...

2K Games responded with this reply

Hello Pmacuk,

Thank you for contacting 2K Support.

I see that you have a question regarding Carl Sagan. There's no mention of any modification done to Carl Sagan in the latest Patch, you should be able to play him as you've played him before. You can find more info regarding the patch note here.

I hope this answers your question. If you have any other questions or concerns, let me know.

Thank you,

Patrick L.
2K Support

Clear as mud hey ? Think it's pretty certain it's a nerf and never made it into the patch notes...

As a nerf, it makes no sense because they cut too much. (if you activate him with 1 turn left to one of the moon projects, I guess it sucks to be you) And the other production multipliers don't do anything to his hammer yield. It sounds like a bug they have no intention to fix.

He is too powerful and probably ought to have his hammer bonus cut in half. But not cut to practically nothing.

As a nerf, it makes no sense because they cut too much. (if you activate him with 1 turn left to one of the moon projects, I guess it sucks to be you) And the other production multipliers don't do anything to his hammer yield. It sounds like a bug they have no intention to fix.

He is too powerful and probably ought to have his hammer bonus cut in half. But not cut to practically nothing.

Effectively his maximum output is half, Well, 1800 hammers to be precise... The cost of any of the Mars projects

Bug or nerf I don't know ? I did ask 2K for clarification... Their first response was pretty lame, I obviously read the patch notes before reporting it as a 'bug' !!

I'll post the response if I get one....

Patrick La., Mar 14, 22:44 EDT:

Hello Pmacuk,

As previously stated, there's no mention of any modification regarding Carl Sagan in the latest patch. However, if you feel like there are any changes that have been made to the leader, I'm going to encourage you to send me a bug report regarding it also including your save file. Once I receive all that, I will send to the appropriate department so that they can look into it.

Though I can’t promise any in-game changes, I appreciate your passion and the time you are taking to sending me this information.

If you have any other questions or concerns, let me know.

I'll be waiting for your reply,

Patrick L.
2K Support

This is the response to my 2nd email after the initial response posted above...

My redacted email was:-

Pmacuk67, Mar 14, 07:20 EDT:

Thanks for your response

After further research I found this thread on a forum. https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...uction-overflow-removed.628138/#post-15067282 (https://protect-eu.mimecast.com/s/Pl_LCvo28hLJGywhoJBSr)

There is no mention of modification/nerf to Carl Sagan in the February patch either but that is when the anomaly began.

Is there any further information regarding Carl and his magical 4,500 production boost? For the third time now (playing Barbarossa) I've been fortunate enough to get Sagan and have multiple spaceports. But he only completes ONE project and there is no overflow that I can see anywhere. I will say that on a King game 4.500 points seems...excessive. But why assign that many if you don't get them? Did the June 2020 update do something to him?

Top Bottom