[R&F] [1.0.0.229] Great Merchant "annex tile" can't be worked/has no Great Zimbabwe benefit if Bonus item

Tunnah

Warlord
I put R&F but I assume this is also in vanilla. It's not a game breaking bug, it's pretty damn harmless, but still thought it's maybe worth reporting. It could be fixed by just explaining the tile's true nature in the ability description.

If you use the Marcus Licinius Crassus ability of "your nearest city annexes this tile into its territory" on a full sized (37 tiles) city, it just becomes the same as any other oversized tile; you can harvest it, you can claim the resource on it, but working/improving it has no benefit to your empire.

However, the real issue is, to my massive disappoint because I gunned for this Great Merchant, Great Zimbabwe doesn't count any extra bonus resources you get :( I was already on a city with 11 bonus resources! But I had the chance to make it 13. I guess it really is unlucky haha

TL;DR: Annex tile on a full sized city only gives you the contents of the tile, it can't be worked or have anything built on it, plus bonus resources aren't counted by Great Zimbabwe.

--------------

As a side note, it is kinda worth keeping around as a pseudo-great engineer production booster; have Magnus in the city you're building, and have stone 1 tile out of reach. Annex it, Harvest Resource! Late game that's 300+ production, twice. Still, I'd rather have him working as intended! I think it might be potentially be a real pain to fix though, as going through the modifiers, even if you change the modifiers for city size and allowed working size, it doesn't work in game, so it's potentially a real under the hood effort.

I think it sounds like he is working as intended. You can annex a square but the city cannot work it outside of the 3 tile radius.
It is sometimes also useful to use Crassus to grab a tile like iron outside your 3 tiles because even if the city cannot work it you still will get the resource if you mine it

Aye, it possibly is as intended, but if so they ballsed up the description! Annexing a tile into your empire to your closest city, you assume that tile will be fully functional, and not just an opportunity to reap what it sits on.

Top Bottom