[R&F] [1.0.0.229] Levy Military Expense is reflected on report screen

cholsy

Warlord
When I levy military from a city state, its expense is reflected on report screen, while it's not on tooltip.
I'm not sure which is right, but just think tooltip is right and window screen has bug.
This can be reproduced with SAV file attached.

levy military.jpg

EDIT) I found another. In the SAV file, it can be found that report screen and tooltip have different building expense. (3 on tooltip, 4 on report). In this case, I think report is correct. Then, I'm confused about levy expense again. If report is correct and tooltip is wrong, it means gameplay itself is going wrong.... :confused:

EDIT) I noticed that the 1 difference of building expense came from whether the district under construction is counted or not. Report counts it but tooltip doesn't. I feel tooltip looks more correct and report needs fixing.
The final balance looks correct and it is linked to tooltip well. But the breakdown is very confusing.

expense on report.jpg

Attachments

• Levy unit cost.Civ6Save
    1.5 MB · Views: 52
Last edited:
So the levied military should be free to maintain? What about districts under construction? Do they cost maintenance? That's true - confusing.

This bug is still alive in 1.0.12.9.
Wiki or some post says I'm to pay for maintenance of levied unit but the game doesn't work like that. Only report screen reflects it.
Either the gameplay or report is wrong.
(I'm playing the game, just believing report is wrong.)

I haven't checked the Game Files yet, but I think it might be just an Issue in the lua Files (the Holy site under Construction in the Report Screen). Have you tried to calculate the GPT that gets increased/decreased each Turn to see if the Issue is in the Report Screen or just a false assumption on how Levying Units actually works? I don't mean looking at the ToolTip, but the Gold Treasury after a Turn. Many UI Elements don't refresh when relevant things change, till next Turn.

I checked treasury but it doesn't seem to be a refresh issue. Through turns, I do not pay for maintenance cost of levied unit.
Recently I found that this free maintenance ends when the unit is upgraded. Unit cost per turn jumps up whenever I upgrade levied units.
For example, if I upgrade a levied Crossbowman (maint 3) to a Field Cannon(maint 5), the unit cost increases by 5 instead of 2.
I think all of these do not look intended.

Top Bottom