[1.0.0.262] PLAYER_CITIES and ADJUST_EXTRA_GREAT_WORK_SLOTS

Chrisy15

Flower, Beautiful
You can tell I'm desperate, huh.

An evolution on the documented "England's UA Doesn't Work In Conquered Cities" bug, it appears that the root cause is that COLLECTION_PLAYER_CITIES and EFFECT_ADJUST_EXTRA_GREAT_WORK those are totally gonna get lowercase'd aren't they don't interact correctly. The collection PLAYER_CITIES should apply an EffectType to all Cities regardless of the previous owner, as indicated by how Firaxis use it
Spoiler PLAYER_CITIES Query :

If any of these cases aren't meant to include conquered Cities, then that's certainly an undocumented feature...

Additionally, just in case someone suggests that is the intended functionality, that PLAYER_CITIES is only meant to affect Player founded Cities and that COLLECTION_PLAYER_CAPTURED_CITIES is its counterpart:

COLLECTION_PLAYER_BUILT_CITIES exists (ironically enough for the purposes of Vicky's LUA...)
Spoiler BUILT_CITIES :

And this image shows a PLAYER_CITIES effect affecting conquered Cities, while also showing how a Modifier using EFFECT_ADJUST_EXTRA_GREAT_WORK doesn't affect them
Spoiler Enheduanna :

Here are the ModifierTypes for both Modifiers referred to above, just in case people wanna see them; the Modifiers they're attached to have no ReqSets associated, you can go download Enheduanna if you really wanna verify that.
Spoiler DatabaseProof :

So what's the solution to the issue? The simple solution is to just make a Modifier using COLLECTION_PLAYER_CAPTURED_CITIES, which is probably what I'm gonna do for En; this obviously is a plaster for an infected wound, however, because the real issue is somewhere inside the DLL beyond our current reach. Unless Firaxis resolve the issue, we don't know how many other cases there are of CollectionTypes not working as expected with specific EffectTypes and in general the confidence in the Modifier system is further reduced.

But y'know, Modifiers let you do some things in a slightly nicer looking way than V Lua/Dummies let us do, so guess they're pretty great huh :rolleyes:

Since I opened with the England bug, may as well close with it
Spoiler Engerlund :

Thanks to mal_man I guess for bringing En's case to my attention, and reminding me to actually look into this issue which had actually been at the back of my mind as an uncertainty for quite a while :p

Top Bottom