1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] 1.0.0.290 Mali not receiving full gold per turn (Not a Bug)

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Bug Reports' started by Whovian, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Whovian

Whovian Chieftain

While playing as Mali in a GS game (all DLC, Prince level) I noticed that I was only receiving around 20% of the gold per turn I was expecting. I went back and reloaded ten turns and it didn't repeat, but I thought you might want to check the save file where the error was occurring. I had just taken "Reform The Coinage" as a Golden Age dedication, but otherwise not sure what might have triggered the bug. Loving the new expansion!

Attached Files:

2. Takfloyd

Takfloyd Prince

Don't assume something is a bug just because you don't know why it happened. Chances are you had spies siphoning funds from you. Especially if you have a city that produces a large amount of gold of its own.

3. Whovian

Whovian Chieftain

I'm not assuming anything. This happened for multiple turns, it was 70-80% of the gold missing and there was no indication as to why. If it had been spies there would have been an alert that gold was being siphoned. The only assumption I made was that if I found something not working as expected in the game, it would be community-spirited to report it here. I did research it to find if there was something I was missing, but I couldn't find an explanation. This game also has the Suguba pillaged and then not working bug, which I researched and discovered was a bug, so didn't report that. I've just reloaded that save and played it a couple of turns and the issue persists. Maybe I am missing something, but I've played enough hours of Civ to be fairly confident it was worth my time and the programmers time to flag it.

4. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

I loaded up your save, put all units to sleep, but otherwise did nothing. The game did what you describe for one turn -- displayed over 700 gpt, but gold only increased about 160 on that turn, as if the gold from all of your trade routes was ignored. But after that first turn the gold increase per turn was as expected. On the second turn, when gold increase returned to normal, research of Merchantilism completed and Chichen Itza was finished, but neither of those would appear responsible (and its seems too early in the game for spy syphoning to be the explanation). Hopefully FXS will be able to use your save file to figure out what is happening on that first turn.

EDIT: I reloaded the save and switched out of Merchantilism and building Chichen Itza -- no change in outcome.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  5. Whovian

Whovian Chieftain

Thanks for trying it. It was happening for a few turns before I realized. When I went back ten turns and played it through again it didn't happen and I tried to keep the same gameplay choices, so I'm really at a loss. As you say, hopefully there's enough in that save for FXS to work it out.

6. Whovian

Whovian Chieftain

OK, mea culpa time. It happened again and this time I did see an enemy spy escaped. It must be a siphoning gold thing, but it would be really helpful as a player to get some kind of notification that this is happening. Sorry, for wasting everyone's time.