1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] [1.0.0.290] Moving the camera while scrolling the production menu causes camera to get stuck.

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Bug Reports' started by Takfloyd, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Takfloyd

Takfloyd Prince

This annoying bug has been there since the launch of vanilla I believe.

If you use the arrow keys to navigate the camera while moving the scroll bar in the production menu with the mouse, the camera gets stuck moving in that direction after you let go of the arrow key.

And a related bug: If you turn on the setting to move the camera by having the cursor at the edge, you will often accidentally move the camera to the right when dragging the scroll bar since it's at the edge of the screen.

Thirdly, when moving the camera by clicking and dragging on the main interface, if you happen to touch a unit or map pin or something with the cursor, it will be selected, which is never what you want.

All of these issues are almost unavoidable when playing quickly and efficiently. I'm not going to simply sit and stare at the city while considering what to build, I'll always be moving the camera around to gather information. Firaxis needs to improve their UI so it doesn't hold back people whose playstyle isn't slow and meticulous, because that doesn't really fly in multiplayer.