1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] [1.0.0.290] Multiple Future Era Techs Can Be Researched in Industrial Era! (Mod Problem, Not a Bug)

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Bug Reports' started by Bleser, Feb 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bleser

Bleser Prince

In my current game I am in the Industrial Era and to my surprise a couple of my 'next technology' choices are "Advanced AI" and "Seasteds". Now that I write this I think they were available to the AI players much earlier because I saw Seasteds show up in the Medieval era. See attached screen shot.

Attached Files:

2. Takfloyd

Takfloyd Prince

Can confirm, the Future Era techs seem to have some rather relaxed requirements for where they can branch off from, which can sometimes cause hilarious results like this. I've seen some really long dotted lines from the industrial era to a future tech myself. I think it was from Rifling.

3. Revolutionist_8

Revolutionist_8 Prince

Happened to me as well, I thought it was a mod but apparently not (necessarily). :undecide:

4. ghost88

ghost88 Warlord

A poster in tech support reported the same problem and has determined in their case it was a tech slowing mod that caused it.

5. Bleser

Bleser Prince

Interesting; I do have a personal mod applied that increases the costs of all techs and civics, so if this is indeed the case then I guess I broke the game. I'm curious what the mechanic is that has lead to this (must be some logic looking for total science earned and then unlocking the techs??).

I found the post you were talking about; I think neglecting to update my mod with the new eras is the culprit, but we'll see. Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.