[GS] [1.0.0.290] Reverse effect of Trade Policy WC resolution

cholsy

Warlord
Besides my previous thread about Mercenary Companies, https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...companies-100-cost-up-with-production.643145/ , I found something odd about Trade Policy.
Please compare between before(turn 281) and after(turn 283) the resolution.
Senders should have gotten +4 gold but John is getting the bonus.

20190303114526_1.jpg

281.jpg 283.jpg
I was not able to check all resolution effects but strongly believe that the program on WC should be overhauled.

SAVE files are here.

Attachments

• JOHN CURTIN 281 2000 AD.Civ6Save
    1.3 MB · Views: 175
  • JOHN CURTIN 283 2002 AD.Civ6Save
    1.3 MB · Views: 182
Please fix this bug with Trade Policy. Not only am I getting an extra trade route slot, but the three foreign trade routes to my cities are each giving ME +4 instead of them.

Version 1.0.0.341 (176806)

Besides my previous thread about Mercenary Companies, https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...companies-100-cost-up-with-production.643145/ , I found something odd about Trade Policy.

View attachment 519405

View attachment 519408 View attachment 519409
I was not able to check all resolution effects but strongly believe that the program on WC should be overhauled.

1.0.1.501 save file on this issue.

Attachments

• WC trade.Civ6Save
    1.2 MB · Views: 38
I can confirm this issue for version NFP 1.0.1.501 as well:

EffectAonWL.jpg

WLgetting4foreachRoute.jpg

NewRoute+4WL.jpg

Attachments

• 1.0.1.501ReversedEffectTradeRes.Civ6Save
    3.4 MB · Views: 43
1. You should be on version 1.0.1.501.
2. Do you have a save game you could upload here?

1. I can't run version 1.0.1.501, because I'm using MacOS El Capitan (10.11.6) ... yes I have an old computer.
2. Yes, I have the save game, but as others have already posted such for version 1.0.1.501, mine would be redundant.

Thank for your attention to this bug!
P.S. It'd be nice if Steam didn't automatically update when connected, but checked system requirements.

It looks like this resolution uses the same ModType that Radio Oranje uses - "MODIFIER_PLAYER_CITIES_ADJUST_TRADE_ROUTE_YIELD_FROM_OTHERS". And seeing that the Modifier is attached to the target of the resolution, the bonus gold is gained by them as the recipient instead of the sender. It's like there needs to be a third Modifier Argument parameter - AffectOrigin - similiar to how the Alliance Bonuses are set up.
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
I can't run version 1.0.1.501, because I'm using MacOS El Capitan (10.11.6) ... yes I have an old computer.
Any performance difference between the Sept '19 patch and the May '20 patch would be negligible, if any at all. My benchmarks were almost identical between the two. Thing is, if you for whatever reason can't run 501, and they fix the bug in a subsequent patch, you still won't see the fix as you're playing ver. 341.

There is EFFECT_ADJUST_TRADE_ROUTE_YIELD_TO_OTHERS in the game, to it should be possible to fix via sql only.
Yeah, it may be as simple as swapping "MODIFIER_PLAYER_CITIES_ADJUST_TRADE_ROUTE_YIELD_TO_OTHERS" for "MODIFIER_PLAYER_CITIES_ADJUST_TRADE_ROUTE_YIELD_FROM_OTHERS" as that's what Cleo uses to grant food to other Civs that send trade routes to her.

Anyone willing to test it, then here's the fix. I will check it in my current game if this resolution pops up.
Code:
--------------------------------------------------------------
-- 2020-06-14 WC resolution nor working correctly
UPDATE Modifiers
SET ModifierType = 'MODIFIER_PLAYER_CITIES_ADJUST_TRADE_ROUTE_YIELD_TO_OTHERS'
WHERE ModifierId = 'INCREASES_TRADE_TO_GOLD' AND ModifierType = 'MODIFIER_PLAYER_CITIES_ADJUST_TRADE_ROUTE_YIELD_FROM_OTHERS';

I did it on the line 216 in Expansion2_Congress.xml and loaded sav file again. But nothing changed.

<Row ModifierId="INCREASES_TRADE_TO_GOLD">
<ModifierType>MODIFIER_PLAYER_CITIES_ADJUST_TRADE_ROUTE_YIELD_TO_OTHERS</ModifierType>

I'm not sure if I got something wrong or just XML does not change anything built already.

You wont see a change for a current resolution. You need either a new game or at least this resolution to be applied anew. All active modifiers are copied internally and attached to proper objects, changing xml wont change those internal ones, only new ones.

View attachment 519405

View attachment 519408 View attachment 519409

Maybe John Curtin is also running this card at the same time? You are definitely getting the bonus though.....

This bug about Trade Route Policy benefiting the target (who gets the extra trader) for +4 gpt still exists in [1.0.6.9], please fix.

Saved games available on request.

Top Bottom