1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] [1.0.0.290] Serious Trade Exploit w/ Strategic Resources (Fixed)

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Bug Reports' started by Tepidtaco, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Tepidtaco

Tepidtaco Chieftain

[Someone else may have posted this but I'm new to the forums and couldn't find a mention. Apologies if this post is redundant.]

To replicate the exploit, offer 1 coal to an AI and ask for 10 gold/turn in return.
    The AI will refuse. Ask to make the trade more equitable. The AI will offer 5 gold/turn for the 1 piece of coal.
    You can repeat this until the AI runs out of funds. You can then often buy the coal back for far cheaper than you traded it for and repeat the process.

When testing this, I had at one point been gaining upwards of 700 gold/turn. It doesn't seem like there is a limit to the exploit. I've heard that it can be done with other resources such as oil and possibly uranium, though I don't believe trading iron/horses is exploitable in this manner.

I've seen this exploit discussed on Youtube and other forums, so I'm hopeful it'll be fixed in the next patch. For now I'll just have to avoid trading some of my strategic resources.

2. dshirk

dshirk Firaxian

Thanks for the report! We have this one squashed.

3. Cosmic Fox

Cosmic Fox Civ 6 Addict - TB Mod Collaborator

Glad someone is reporting this horrible exploit. It kind of kills the game as it is sitting there waiting for you to use it. I try NOT to do it but it is there. :lol:

4. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Per patch notes, this should be fixed:
    • Correctly value maintenance resources when calculating trades. Reduces possible exploits with resource for gold trades with the AI.
    • Fixes to trades for strategic resources - Stop paying full value for them when you've got a decent stockpile, not just at the stockpile cap. Reduces possible exploits with resource for gold trades with the AI.

5. Cosmic Fox

Cosmic Fox Civ 6 Addict - TB Mod Collaborator

Yes it is fixed pretty much, still needs work, probably modding community can adjust