[GS] [1.0.0.314] Several unit related visual bugs

Šâhanšâh

Chieftain
I posted these bugs on Steam yesterday, but wanted to file a proper bug report and just found out today that this is the proper way to do so.

All these bugs are graphical in nature and most of time are related to the 3D models themselves.

First of all, there are the feet of all settler units. One of them has been sporting a polygon spike since the release of Gathering Storm and the other seems to dissapear into the earth more often than not. This issue of unit limbs (up until their belts) dissapearing in terrain is also quite common for other units.

Settler.png

Then there's the legs of all warriors (and I assume also some other unit types) that move from left to right while they are breathing as if they were moving or hovering on the ground (maybe skating would be the right word) and not as intended.

Warrior feet.png

Furthermore, all warrior hands holding weapons look like claws and hold the weapons in sort of sketchy ways with impossible angles. It's like the weapons are cutting into their hands (This is also the case with several other units.) This issue was also introduced with the GS expansion and may have to do with the introduction of several new weapon models for several units to diversify their looks.

Claw hands.png

There's also a bug regarding the city 'defender' units of all Civilizations and city-states. They do not correspond to the ethnicity of their Civ or city-state but default to the Caucasian ethnicity. This is also the case for the units representing the "wall attacks" like Archers, Crossbows and Field Canons.

For example: These are Bandar Brunei city defenders:

Caucasian City Defenders.png

These are what they are supposed to look like as per their own units:

Bandar Brunei Warrior.png

Then there's also the issue of weapons not being held by some units, which looks really bad. These are the Persian UU, but there are other units too.

Hovering 2.png

Regarding these UU (the Persian Immortals), I'd also like to add (this is not a bug) that I don't understand the use of Japanese Mengu 面具 masks for Persian units and I hope they get replaced by tiara's or something even remotely Persian to match their historical look (as seen below).

Immortals.jpg

Finally, since Gathering Storm hair looks somewhat like plastic and all Middle-Eastern units have greyish looking hair. For some Caucasian/European units the hair also looks rather pasted on as if they were Playmobile toys. The units limbs (mostly the arms) and also some other body parts also have this 'chewy' plastic look that wasn't present before the introduction of Gathering Storm.

I'm not sure why this ethnic flavouring patch was exectued so poorly regarding the visual department. This is an AAA title that has a team that shows that it loves its games. However these inclusions or rather the lack of fixes for these visual errors don't reflect this and kind of ruin the experience for me; especially in the early game as I like to admire the beautiful looks and graphics of this game that were so polished before [I actually adore the 'cartoony' style.]

[Using a GTX 1060, playing on DX11 with only "Tactical Camera" modification installed on an otherwise fresh install of the game with all expansions and DLC installed] >> [I assume there is no need to attach a savegame file, since these visual glitches are universal and occured time after time, regardless of the Civilization played and this since Gathering Storm was introduced.]

Top Bottom