1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

1.0.0.317 (416354) City-State Spacing [Squashed]

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Bug Reports' started by racha, Apr 17, 2019.

1. racha

racha Chieftain

This is actually a launch-day issue IIRC.

40 out of 45 city-states clumped together on a 160x100 pangea ("low" water level) with 8 civs:

city-state-clumping-issue.jpg

I have a this city-state spacing rule in a mod:
    Code:
    UPDATE GlobalParameters SET VALUE = 8 WHERE Name = 'START_DISTANCE_MINOR_CIVILIZATION_START';
    Meanwhile, here's just one example of somewhere else on the same map that either meets the various criteria for placing a city-state and follows my spacing rule, or highlights a major issue with the coding of what constitutes an acceptable city-state location:

no-city-states.jpg

I recently played a game where, until launching my satellite, I only encountered 1 out of 45 city-states using the same settings. If nothing else, it would be nice if user modded settings were inviolate, but any fix that involves things being well-distributed across the entire map would be grand.

2. Takfloyd

Takfloyd Chieftain

While this seems to be a mod issue since I believe you can't normally have that many city states in a game, I want to add that I've seen in my unmodded game cases of city states spawning so close that one of them isn't allowed to build their city on turn 1(too close to the other city), which leads to a settler just permanently standing there for the rest of the game.

3. dshirk

dshirk Firaxian

Squashed.

racha and Laurana Kanan like this.