[GS] 1.0.0.317 Island Plates map on low sea level

Mik1984

Prince
I have generated a healthy amount of Island Plates low sea level maps, some standard, some old age, result:

Mountains, mountains and mountains all over the world, literally like 1/3 of land tiles are mountain tiles, even with "old" planet, frankly "old" planet seems to be making things even worse.

I have never seen so much mountains on any other map type.

Comparing different map scripts in the world builder with NFP 1.0.5.11, I runned into this (independent of sea level, BTW), too - though for me the even bigger issue than the total number of mountain tiles is their distribution...especially with the standard world setting the map is literally littered (pun intended ;) ) with single tile mountains, distributed fairly evenly over all landmasses:

Spoiler :

IslandPlatesIngame.jpg

IslandPlatesIngame2.jpg

Attached is that T0 save game I have taken the two screenshots from and a couple more from the world builder for the new and old world age settings.

It is surely debatable whether this is a classical bug, but it is nothing I would expect from this script when reading its description and the result is (for my taste) a rather articial und unnatural looking landscape. Gameplaywise it might be a base for a very special playthrough, but even in this regard it is nothing I would like have to have in normal game.

Attachments

• IslandPlates1OW.jpg
    IslandPlates1OW.jpg
    735.4 KB · Views: 120
  • IslandPlates2OW.jpg
    IslandPlates2OW.jpg
    851.7 KB · Views: 88
  • IslandPlates1NW.jpg
    IslandPlates1NW.jpg
    809.2 KB · Views: 76
  • IslandPlates2NW.jpg
    IslandPlates2NW.jpg
    804.8 KB · Views: 85
  • 1.0.5.11IslandPlatesMountainDist.Civ6Save
    979.3 KB · Views: 45

Still broken:
Spoiler :

IslandsPlates1.0.9.9.jpg

To reproduce:

Create a huge Islands Plates script map (my example here with low sea level, rest default) with the world builder and investigate the land scape. Check if the those dotted mountains everywhere is the intention of this map script.

Attachments

• 1.0.9.9BrokenIslandsPlatesScript.Civ6Map
    656 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
As of August 2023 I have the same problem on both Island Plates maps and Archipelago maps... very annoying.

Top Bottom