1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[1.0.0.317] press gangs policy does not affect barbary corsair (Fixed)

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Bug Reports' started by qqqbbb, Jun 3, 2019.

1. qqqbbb

qqqbbb Chieftain

With GS press gangs policy should affect barbary corsair but it does not.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  2. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

This is not a bug. The Press Gangs policy is not coded for Medieval units and the description does not list that era either. It can be argued it's an oversight, but that's a separate discussion.

3. qqqbbb

qqqbbb Chieftain

Privateer is renaissance era, so I expected barbary corsair to be renaissance too...

4. Laurana Kanan

Yeah, the Corsair is available much earlier than Privateers with Medieval Faires rather than Mercantilism, hence it's a Medieval rather than Renaissance unit. I actually added Medieval naval units to the Maritime Industries policy in one of my mods since I have a couple other naval units from that era that needed it.

5. qqqbbb

qqqbbb Chieftain

Actually in GS press gangs affects units from every previous era but not the corsair.

6. Laurana Kanan

Afaik, it's all versions of the game, not just GS. But, I think you're missing my point though. There are no production modifiers for Medieval naval units. The same modifiers for Maritime Industries are also attached to the Press Gangs PolicyType. Same goes for International Waters, which also has both of the previous sets of modifiers attached to it. But since there's nothing for Medieval that's why none of these policies give a production bonus for it.

I have 3 medieval naval units so I added modifiers for Medieval naval to Maritime Industries and then also attached those to Press Gangs & International Waters.

7. Laurana Kanan

With the September 2019 Update, both Press Gangs & International Waters have proper modifiers attached that give discounts to Medieval era ships (i.e. Barbary Corsair).