1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] [1.0.0.328 (426563)] Arrow Storm gives +7 Combat Strength on defense

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Bug Reports' started by Funhaver, Jul 19, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Funhaver

Funhaver Chieftain

1.0.0.328 (426563)

Hi! Arrow Storm is giving my opponent a +7 Combat Strength bonus on defense. I expect that it should not. The image shows the bonus when the attacker is Melee, but it holds true when attacked by a Naval Bombard class (from the mod Warfare Expanded Complete Edition) or Siege class unit as well.

Arrow Storm works on defense.jpg

Here is the description of Arrow Storm: "+7 [range icon] Ranged Strength vs. land and naval units." Notice in the image that, under Modifiers, the only tests are whether the opponent is a land unit or a sea unit. Notably absent is whether the unit receiving the bonus is the attacker (bonus should apply) or defender (bonus should not apply).

Arrow Storm description.jpg

For comparison, here is the description of Volley: "+5 [range icon] Ranged Strength vs. land units." Notice in the image that, under Modifiers, there is a test for whether the player is the attacker. I believe this same test ought to be present for Arrow Storm.

Volley description.jpg