1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have selected the winners of the Old World random draw and competition. For the winning entries, please check this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

[1.0.0.328] (426563) Stuck on "Choose Artifact"

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Bug Reports' started by iammaxhailme, Sep 3, 2019.

1. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

I sent an Archaeologist to excavade an antiquity site and the action promp said was on the icon that says choose artifact. I clicked it and nothing happened. I couldn't advance to end the turn except by force-ending with shift + enter. The same thing happened on the next turn. I suicided the architect and the prompt went away, but the antiquity site was gone. Afterwards I sucessfully mined a different antiquity site, with an archaeologist from a different city, and I had already gotten quite a few before. I don't know if the city the glitched archaeologist belongs to will allow me to make a new one.

By the way, this happened twice, once with an antiquity and once with a shipwreck.

I'm using quite a lot of mods, but I don't think any of them change anything about Archaeology except one... Terra Mirabilis, which changes Mt Vesuvius to give culture on tiles with Antiquity Sites. I'm not sure if that would really cause this, however.

2. Sto

Sto Should i code today ...

version 1.0.2.39 : got the same bug however reason should be obvious for my case. Playing with victoria that can support 2 archaeologists. Had only one place left in the museum. I dig artifacts with the 2 archaeologists without choosing the origin of the artifact. At the end of the turn, when I had to choose the second one, the game is stuck on the icon choose artifact and can't process further. Reloaded and chose the artifact right away, the second archaeologist disappeared as intended.

3. Balthasar Elias Lub

Balthasar Elias Lub Chieftain

Same bug, same version 1.0.2.39. It happened at the first attempt to excavate an artifact. After reloading the autosafe and attempting another artifact (shipwreck) excavating succeeded, hwoever a econd attempt by
    this archeologist failed again, and so did the first attempt by a second archeologist. I don't use any mods.

4. Balthasar Elias Lub

Balthasar Elias Lub Chieftain

I believe that the problem is caused by the fact that this game is played on a map where I added a large number of antiquity sites and shipwrecks using worldbuilder.
    Possibly the game doesn't know to handle the added sites (it doesn't know what is burried at those sites....??

And evidently addapting the map counts as modding.

5. markto

markto Chieftain

3 years later, and this bug still around.. sad. (

6. wolfskinned2ha

wolfskinned2ha Chieftain

same bug here in 2022. I excavated an artifact and i'm stuck on the choose an artifact screen. I tried to force end the turn but the button still exists. I just hope it will disappear because it's blocking my turns button. cities and units are fine.