[NFP] [1.0.2.39] Issues with pathfinding for religious units, when entering combat

Pfeffersack

Deity
First encounter with v1.0.0.328:

Here is an example of automatic pathfinding preventing you to enter a religious combat, because of forcing you to take an "optimal path" you can't take because of the ZoC you have entered.

To reproduce, do what the pictures indicate:

1. Move the damaged apostle 1 tile east, so that you enter the ZoC of the Maori apostle
2. Now try attacking the Maori apostle...it will not work, despite you having enough movement left (3)...entering the tile of the Maori apostle will only cost 2 movement, but the pathfinder insists that the "better" way is to go first SE on the cattle tile and attack from there (because using roads in theory saves movement here). Problem: This move isn't legal this turn anymore because of having entered the ZoC before...

Attachments

• OptimalPathfindingdeniesreligiousattack.jpg
    OptimalPathfindingdeniesreligiousattack.jpg
    917.1 KB · Views: 179
  • OptimalPathfindingdeniesreligiousattack2.jpg
    OptimalPathfindingdeniesreligiousattack2.jpg
    943 KB · Views: 184
  • PathfindingdeniesRelCombat.Civ6Save
    5.6 MB · Views: 170
Last edited:
I think this problem exists still in NFP 1.0.2.39, though in the new example the consequence is less serious - I'm not losing my attack, but I'm forced to make an strategically unwanted move towards the Mayan city first. Don't understand why the pathfinder insists on doing that instead of just taking the direct way:

StrangePathfindingReligiousUnit.jpg

To reproduce with the attached save:

Try to attack the Mayan Apostle as shown in the pic.

Attachments

• 1.0.2.39RelUnitNoDirectAttack.Civ6Save
    4.2 MB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Top Bottom