1.0.0.341 - find strategic resources on map bug

I have a theory about why you are getting this result, as it does not happen for me.

I assume you have researched animal husbandry and bronze working, but no other tech that reveals strategic resources. If you select Strategic Resources in the top search box, and enter Iron in the bottom box, you will see horses, but not iron.

The second search box is a filter box that filters out whatever you enter there. A bit counterintuitive -- you would think the filter box was to filter what you want to find, not what you want to exclude, but that is how it is designed. To find horses, just enter Horses in the top box. To find strategics other than horses ("I've already got all the horses I need, thank you very much"), you can enter strategic resources on top and horses in the filter box to see iron, niter, coal, etc.

I most frequently use this when I'm looking for a new luxury resource. I've got coffee, tea and jade, but what else is in range where I might settle a city? Select luxury resources in the top box, and then enter coffee tea jade in the bottom box to show all other luxury resources on the exposed portion of the map.

Top Bottom