1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] [1.0.0.341] Sept 2019 update, Loading/ Exiting crashes

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Bug Reports' started by Zaire the Magnificent, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Zaire the Magnificent

Zaire the Magnificent Chieftain

I've been experiencing game crashes after the Sept 2019 update. At first i though it was a minor glitch or a modded map but after playing for a while now on only official maps i know its a bug.

1) Whenever i go to save a game and then EXIT to main menu the game crashes to the desktop. The game always appears to have been saved as i can get back to it by "resume game".

2) If i'm ingame and want to restart a move and try to reload to an earlier save the game entirely crashes to the desktop and i can't ever get back to an earlier step. No reloading while in game.

3) I also can not switch saved games from within another game. Meaning i can't be playing in a current game and then decide i want to switch to an older saved game file of an entirely different game map, without crashing to the desktop.

4) I however can load a game from the main menu with no problems.

*this seems to be a loading /exiting problem from within a playable game.
    I've experienced this problem on more then just 1 official civ map. (continents & islands, Continents, Earth) i'm sure it will happen with all maps

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  2. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Using YnAMP ?

(I mean is the mod activated, even if you're playing on vanilla maps)

3. Zaire the Magnificent

Zaire the Magnificent Chieftain

Yeah it was. I disabled the YnAMP mod and (all mods disabled) the bug still exists.
    attached is the crash message that appears

Attached Files:

4. adgibson

adgibson Chieftain

Zaire, I get the same crash message. I've tried numerous steps as suggested by Jimmy R. from 2K. I have deleted all
    the mods-several times- and tried reintroducing just a couple and then seven of them. I have reloaded from civ disk and I get the same result every time. Frustrating. I wish they had either made the changes in the (x86) files and the _CommonRedist files. Why introduce a refinement that is incompatible with so many existing mods? Is it supposedly easier for thousands of users to fix an empty 2012 empty vcredist folder? I am not a programmer and some of this can be like trying to use broken German or Chinese. I imagine a lot of players don't code in any language.