[GS] [1.0.0.341] Sept 2019 update, Loading/ Exiting crashes

I've been experiencing game crashes after the Sept 2019 update. At first i though it was a minor glitch or a modded map but after playing for a while now on only official maps i know its a bug.

1) Whenever i go to save a game and then EXIT to main menu the game crashes to the desktop. The game always appears to have been saved as i can get back to it by "resume game".

2) If i'm ingame and want to restart a move and try to reload to an earlier save the game entirely crashes to the desktop and i can't ever get back to an earlier step. No reloading while in game.

3) I also can not switch saved games from within another game. Meaning i can't be playing in a current game and then decide i want to switch to an older saved game file of an entirely different game map, without crashing to the desktop.

4) I however can load a game from the main menu with no problems.

*this seems to be a loading /exiting problem from within a playable game.
I've experienced this problem on more then just 1 official civ map. (continents & islands, Continents, Earth) i'm sure it will happen with all maps

Last edited:
Using YnAMP ?

(I mean is the mod activated, even if you're playing on vanilla maps)

Yeah it was. I disabled the YnAMP mod and (all mods disabled) the bug still exists.
attached is the crash message that appears

Attachments

• desk.JPG
    desk.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 267
Zaire, I get the same crash message. I've tried numerous steps as suggested by Jimmy R. from 2K. I have deleted all
the mods-several times- and tried reintroducing just a couple and then seven of them. I have reloaded from civ disk and I get the same result every time. Frustrating. I wish they had either made the changes in the (x86) files and the _CommonRedist files. Why introduce a refinement that is incompatible with so many existing mods? Is it supposedly easier for thousands of users to fix an empty 2012 empty vcredist folder? I am not a programmer and some of this can be like trying to use broken German or Chinese. I imagine a lot of players don't code in any language.

I wonder if you have any update on the bug?

I am having the same problem here on Macbook Pro 2018, Mojave. The game crashes when loading an earlier save / exit to main menu / restart the game.

I bought the platinum (including rise&fall and gathering storm DLCs) in Jan 2020. It has been a frustrating experience since day one.. =_=

Top Bottom