[1.0.0.38]Game crashes on next turn

Swordfishtromobone

Chieftain
Played this turn a few times - restarted my computer, launched the game, and tried again - the crash happens every time.

The save is included - click next turn, Rome will ask you not to settle so close, agree, and after that the game will crash.

Damn I've had bad luck running into these bugs lately. Hopefully I can get past this to finish the game.

Attachments

• PEDRO II 260 1745 AD - crash.Civ6Save
    2.5 MB · Views: 111
Nope, can't progress. Always crashes on that turn, no matter what I do - tried continuing from an earlier autosave, no dice.

Unfortunatly I know exactly how you feel. I haven't been able to finish my last 2 games because of that.

At some point a crash occurs, restarting/reloading helps for a few turns, but eventually it keeps crashing at the same point.

When I got the "crash on AI turn" I noticed that when I restarted the game, the 2k login didn't work. Since the 2k support isn't actually communicating (I tried) I remembered that during the CivBE time, there was some problems with firewalls. When I opened the firewall setting I noticed that the access level buttons wasn't the same as for my CivBE or Civ5 games, I also noticed that the firewall had 5 .exe files for Civ6 (it should have two, the standard and Dx12). I put the setting so it looked the same as for my other civ games. After I did these changes I have played one full (modded) game, one game to turn 292, and also 3 or 4 games to turn 100-150 without crashes.

Now, I know that my problem necessary your problems and the cause for the crash can be different but since I played about 150 hours before the patch without crashes and the crashed game after the patch, the patch did something. In my case it seems to have been the settings for the various exe files was messed up (hmm, perhaps I jinxed it now by assuming this). Can be worth checking at least.

Played this turn a few times - restarted my computer, launched the game, and tried again - the crash happens every time.

The save is included - click next turn, Rome will ask you not to settle so close, agree, and after that the game will crash.

Damn I've had bad luck running into these bugs lately. Hopefully I can get past this to finish the game.

Here's another save file that crashes when you click "Next Turn". 1.0.0.38 as well.

Attachments

• FREDERICK BARBAROSSA 338 1917 AD.Civ6Save
    1.4 MB · Views: 96
same bug ,never finish a game after 1.0.0.38 , could you give us the detail how you fix it ? Many thanks.
When I got the "crash on AI turn" I noticed that when I restarted the game, the 2k login didn't work. Since the 2k support isn't actually communicating (I tried) I remembered that during the CivBE time, there was some problems with firewalls. When I opened the firewall setting I noticed that the access level buttons wasn't the same as for my CivBE or Civ5 games, I also noticed that the firewall had 5 .exe files for Civ6 (it should have two, the standard and Dx12). I put the setting so it looked the same as for my other civ games. After I did these changes I have played one full (modded) game, one game to turn 292, and also 3 or 4 games to turn 100-150 without crashes.

Now, I know that my problem necessary your problems and the cause for the crash can be different but since I played about 150 hours before the patch without crashes and the crashed game after the patch, the patch did something. In my case it seems to have been the settings for the various exe files was messed up (hmm, perhaps I jinxed it now by assuming this). Can be worth checking at least.

<> could you give us the detail how you fix it ? Many thanks.
Since all AV/Firewalls looks differerat, just make sure that the firewall allows the two civ exe files, CivilizationVI.exe and CivilizationVI_DX12.exe (or the one that you use) are allowed through the firewall. AV programs also sometimes have their own way of stopping files (deepguard and so on). Putting an exe on the except list for the AV/FW program stops the AV/FW from causing trouble.

Again, I don't know if it is the same problem. I just remembered that I had problem with my AV/FW when CivBE came out. AV/FW can cause trouble soemtimes.

I did some further testing today. I still had one of the crashed saves so I loaded it just to see. It crashed obviously. When I restarted the game, the 2k login failed (whatever it does) and the 2k login kept failing every time I restarted the game (even when I restarted my computer). I loaded my newer save, played a turn (just to see) and then saved it. Now when I restarted the game, the 2k login succeeded.

My very confused thoughts about this (or at least my version of the problem).

* No save created after I have "fixed" the AV/FW have crashed (and that is about 5 games). The save from my first patch game is still crashing.
* The 2k login fail to connect after such a crash and it will keep failing until I start a new game or use a save from a game created after the "fix".

I don't know if I have just been lucky to have had 5 uncrashed games (3 of them not to the end though) after I fiddled with the AV/FW settings and my fiddling actually didn't do anything or it did really fixed the problem although the save from a crashed game is corrupt and cannot be used.

I should also mention that I do not use any cloud save if there is such a thing in Civ6, not that I know of anyway.

same here =(
I suspected it has something to do with Kongo!

Attachments

• PETER 311 1450 AD-v2.Civ6Save
    2.4 MB · Views: 108
same here =(

that is funny you say Kongo, My news feed shows that "Spain is now trading with Kongo" then crashes. EVERYTIME, SAME TURN. however Sythia's head is pulled down indicating its her turn. I have declared war on all three "casi beli: you are causing me to crash" does not fix though, still crashing.

same here =(

I just tried loading your game on my pc. It crashes too on my system. Here is a look at my possible lost civilization.

Attachments

• GILGAMESH 561 1300 AD.Civ6Save
    3.1 MB · Views: 92
I believe this was a known issue that isn't fixed. it has to do with one of the AI players processing turns. A solution was to dow on the AI causing the crash but if you havent met the AI it can be a problem. I went back 9 turns from autosaves ad I played continents and haven't met everyone yet and that seems to have fixed my problem

Note that I've only seen this issue once put ofy 14 games played totAL amd it happened in the patched version.

The 2k solution of DoW the AI didn't work for me. In my first crashed game, I was allied to the "problem AI", in my 2nd crashed game, I tested it but it didn't work, it crashed anyway. In my first crashed game I went back to an earlier save (9 turns) and that worked but the game crashed later and that time it didn't work to go back to an earlier save.

The strange with this bug is that it (apparently) doesn't happen to everyone so, even either we are just really unlucky or it is related to some hardware/software issue or something with achievements, perhaps it is a rare achievement that is suppose to be triggered but fails.

(for me) the strangest bit is that the 2k login fails when I restart the game after a crash and even though I can play the game without that, the 2k login won't succeed until I have started a new game or used a save that is okey.

Everytime I crash, even when it is not this particular issue my 2k login fails. so is their server being laggy and not connecting causing some of these crashes? I wonder.

Also I had this issue and was unable to use the dow solution as It was crashing on the AI I haven't met so I went back 10 turns and the issue resolved.

In my case ,it crashed at 133turn , there is no Kongo , I use France and I met all the AIs many turns ago(60turns? I wonder) ,BTW : 2k login always fails , I didn't install any Firewall software .

My France game crash at turn 177 >.<

Attachments

• france crash t177.Civ6Save
    2.3 MB · Views: 52
What do you people mean with '2k login'?
In the downright corner you have a 2k icon. The icon is a connection to 2k and does ???.

You can play the game regardless of connection or not. If the icon can't connect to the 2k servers you will get a message about it (can't remember what it say).

For me, after the game crashed and I restart the game, the login to the 2k servers fails (for some reason). If I start a new game or load a save that has not crashed (with a failed connection) and then restart the game, the 2k login will work again.

Edit: And now we could see it live. Quill18s game crashed in the same way. Hopefully Firaxis start realizing this is a prio one bug.

Last edited:
Top Bottom