[1.0.0.56] Hoplite bonus bug

Wr4ith

Chieftain
Bonus for another adjecent hoplite (+10) appears all the time, not only when there is actually second hoplite nearby. Can't say if it is only tooltip bug and no calculated in fight, or opposite. This bonus is always added to the final seen sum of strength. Also noticed that the little sword icon next to every bonus description is white for + bonuses and red for - bonuses. But for this particular bonus for adj hoplite, the sword is sometimes red, sometimes white without any rule.

Hoplites seem to get their +10 adjacency bonus even when wandering around alone. Ran with no mods (except some manual barbarian changes) and as I recall this was happening even before I started goofing with barbarian code.

Oops, someone already noticed this. Well, it's been only a half-year, it's not like it should have been corrected already.

?!:sad:!?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's still in there yeah, but to be honest they can use it. It's not like spearmen are strong, and Hoplites still aren't that strong. One more tech and you got a unit that has 1 higher strength than a Hoplite plus an additional 10 strength against Hoplites and normal spearmen. Only thing is that you need iron, but if you really want to you can typically get it.

Still there after the latest patch too. I tried to fix it and found the source of the bug.

The RequirementTypes REQUIREMENT_PLOT_ADJACENT_FRIENDLY_UNIT_TYPE_MATCHES and REQUIREMENT_PLOT_ADJACENT_FRIENDLY_TAG_MATCHES check plots both adjacent to the unit *and the same plot as the unit*. This was a change made in the Winter patch to allow medics and observation balloons to give their boost to both adjacent units and units on the same tile. This logic now also applies to Hoplites. As a Hoplite is always on the same tile as a Hoplite (duh), it always gets the bonus. This is an adjacency bonus to itself.

Solution would be for Firaxis to give a MinDistance argument to these RequirementTypes (in the way lots of others have).

Top Bottom