[1.0.0.56] Trade screen/policies changes causing crash

nuvakaita

Chieftain
I've been having a few issues where my game is crashing during moments that seem to strain the game. Both of these happened before the latest patch as well. This happens in pure vanilla; no mods. Here are the common scenarios:

- I'm playing a large game/deep end-game and I'm managing 35+ trade routes. When a trader needs an assignment, the framerate will plummet momentarily as the camera pans and the UI appears on the left. This occasionally causes CTD, but I can sometimes work around a particular crash just by reloading and trying to "calm" things down (manually clicking traders, taking care of other units/cities first, anything to minimize the amount of stuff happening).

- When changing my policies and submitting, the game will hang for progressively longer amounts of time as the game goes on. I'm assuming this is because my policy changes are causing many changes to various bonuses and modifiers across all aspects of the game. Sometimes the game will CTD when submitting policy changes. This happens much more often if the trader selection screen is up and I make a change to a policy that affects trade route bonuses. As above, this isn't fatal for the gamesave once it occurs; I can usually reload and try to gently move it past the point where it crashed.

I'm going to gather the relevant logs/saves for 2K support since they did seem to use our data to resolve the "Next Turn" crash. This issue is a bit harder to reproduce, however.

In case anyone is wondering, my hardware specs are pretty high-end:

Intel Core i7 3770k 3.5 GHz
MSI 1070 Gaming X (8GB VRAM)
32GB DDR3 RAM
Civ VI is installed on a Samsung EVO 512 GB SSD

Top Bottom