1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

1.0.1.135 You're not actually forced take a promotion

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Confirmed Bugs' started by beestar, Dec 19, 2010.

1. beestar

beestar subdeity

See attached savegame. My caravel has enough XP to be promoted, and the End Turn button has been replaced with PROMOTE A UNIT, but I don't actually have to.

If I bombard Nanjing (using up the Caravel's turn), then I'm allowed to end-turn. So I can save up that healing promotion indefinitely. (In contrast, if I simply move the Caravel, I am forced to use the promotion)

This doesn't appear to happen with my melee units.

Is this intended design?

Attached Files:

2. beestar

beestar subdeity

Also works for Cannons if you bombard before promoting.

3. glaivemaster

glaivemaster Prince

I've done the same with melee units as well - warriors specifically I think. Moved the warrior, or attacked with it, rather than taking a promotion (admittedly, he then died because I could use the promo *after* attacking, but the point still remains)

I hear in multiplayer, assuming it isn't exaggeration, that a unit literally cannot move until he's promoted. Perhaps this would be a good idea for single player as well

4. Petek

Petek Alpha Centaurian Administrator Supporter

Bug confirmed in the save file. Bombarding Nanjing allows you to save the promotion (works the same next turn, too).

Moderator Action: Moved to the Confirmed Bugs forum.