1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] [1.0.1.501] AI getting huge 20+ GP boost scientist points

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Bug Reports' started by Phillip Sorenson, May 23, 2020.

1. Phillip Sorenson

Phillip Sorenson Chieftain

This is my first multiplayer game since getting NFP. About every other turn or so, they go from make 2-7 gp points in science, which is consistent with the game era, to suddenly making like 25-27 points per turn. This will stick around for a turn or two, then go back to the original value, and happen over and over again. I'm playing maya, obviously rushing science things, and haven't come close to getting a single great scientist. My experience is I would have about half of the great scientists so far in the game. This was immortal/emporer difficulty.

2. Phillip Sorenson

I've tried this now single player, with and without mods, and it is still happining. I'm going to uninstall and see if that changes things.

3. HiRezAudio

HiRezAudio Warlord

Any update on this at all?
    I just finished my first NFP game at Deity level with Gran Columbia, and won a science victory and was definitely getting regular Great Scientists, but by no means even half of them.
    It did feel about right though but that said I did not look at GP points in any detail - they just happened. This is a weak point in my game I should address.
    Could you possibly share a mod free save file, just before the jump happens so I can see it happening please?

4. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

I believe this may be due to District Projects

The District Project grants people points.

The default Great Person Panel UI will reflect that change. If you check the number of points earned on the turn you finished a project it will mention it either this or next turn that you are getting +20 or so points.

I've observed this when noticing the turns (which I mplemented) before a person can be recruited go down significnatly.

There is also a situation where Great People Points scale back down awkwardly allowing an entire's era's worth of people to go in a single turn due to a massive overflow of points.

If the current game is Medieval, and someone recruits the last Medieval, then the Renaissance's era points increase significantly (the points required)

If the game changes to Renaissance, and someone recruits the first Renaissance person, then the points drop down to their intended value, but the points already earned do not, so you often see a 1160/650 situation, which causes everyone who was over 650 to get the subsequent Renaissance person, which then ends up becoming the same situation in Industrial.

5. Phillip Sorenson

Yeah, it is the district projects. But how much it is going on is new and just off... We're in renaissance right now and the we're at atomic era science people. NOT NORMAL! This is happening with the industrial district as well, which is absurdly ahead of where it should be. It's just not balanced. Additionally, they are doing this AND are way behind me in score in general. It's not fun for for me, and is holding them back from actually building important stuff. Is this happening for anyone else? It's noticeably different from before.