[NFP] [1.0.1.501] AI limit for strategic ressource purchases does not scale with gamespeed

Pfeffersack

Deity
The hard limit of 40 for the AIs in regard to strategic ressource purchasing does not scale with game speed - I'm playing here on Epic speed, but the AI refuses to pay more than their "placeholder price" of 1 Gold:

AITradeLimitOf40StrategicRessourcesOnEpicGamespeed.jpg

While that is might be technically WAI, it is IMO bad for gameplay - here is as an example the ressource cost for Knight unit:

IronRessourceCostKnight.jpg

So while on normal speed the trading limit would allow the AI to have the ressources for 2 units in their storage, on Epic they get restricted being able to recruit a single unit with their stash. And assuming - I haven't tried that speed since I reported that issue the last time ( https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...t-behind-on-epic-marathon-game-speeds.649957/ )- that it is also 40 for Marathon speed would mean that AIs here aren't even willing to purchase what they need for a single unit (60 ressource units). In my opinion, this means unneededly weakening the AIs on slower game speeds.

To reproduce with the attached save:

Load, see that the game runs on Epic speed and offer Lady Six Skies the deal above.

EDIT: Forgot save - added now.

Attachments

• 1.0.1.501AIOnlyBuys40StResOnEpic.Civ6Save
    3.3 MB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Top Bottom