[NFP] [1.0.1.501] AI ships and embarked unit ignore visible threats on high sea

Pfeffersack

Deity
It appears that the AI is completely ignoring enemy ships as threat for their own ships and embarked units - even if they are severly damaged and the threat is visible, in some cases adjacent or just not possible to pass by.

Two examples:

1. The AI embarked and moved a cavalry army into sight of my ships (probably ok, because it could likely not see them in that moment) I severly damaged it then with my ranged ships then, but wasn't able to it kill with them (I didn't finish it off with my Caravels to avoid getting in range of the nearby enemy encampment). I expected that Gitarja would use the chance and retreat the army back on land, where it would either have at least a chance for survival or lure me into the range of the defensives strikes. But instead she decides to stay on water with it and ends it on a tile adjacent to one of my ships...

2. A sea battle between two Caravels left the Indonesian one heavily damaged. A human player would probably have retreated it to the safe harbour of Lampung, but instead the AI moves the ship further out on the open sea. The problem here is not so much that two more of my Caravels await it in the north (the AI likely hasn't seen them), but that it stays in range of the one which damaged it that heavy - and it is clear that a 2nd fight against it would be deadly.

AIcarelessOnWater1.jpg

AIcarelessOnWater2.jpg

To reproduce with the attached save:

Load it and end turn.

Attachments

• 1.0.1.501AIIgnoresNavalThreats.Civ6Save
    4.7 MB · Views: 47
Top Bottom